Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Mouse cursor frozen on screen

1. Sep 30, 2007 #1
    For some reason, my mouse cursor remains frozen , even after I shut down my laptop numerous . What steps should I take to unfreeze my cursor?

BTW,I'm using a laptop and and I don't have a mouse attached to my laptop. I'm using the mouse already installed on keyboard of my laptop

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 30, 2007 #2
    What were you doing before the mouse froze on you? Is it frozen in the middle of the screen after reboot? And try plugging in an external mouse to see if you can get back your mouse functionality.

4. Sep 30, 2007 #3
    have you pressed the button to 'enable' the touch pad/mouse?

5. Sep 30, 2007 #4

G01

Homework Helper
    Gold Member

You may have a problem with the touch pad. As Servo888 suggested try to plug in an external mouse and see if that works. If it does, the problem may be with your touch pad.

6. Sep 30, 2007 #5
    It is my touchpad. So what should I do to get my touchpad functioning again.

7. Sep 30, 2007 #6
    wats the os ?
    sometimes this problem arise with uncompatibility between some version of linuxes and mouse..

8. Sep 30, 2007 #7
    Which button should I pressed to enable my touchpad?

9. Sep 30, 2007 #8
    fn-f9

10. Sep 30, 2007 #9
    sometimes its directly above the 'pad' area

11. Sep 30, 2007 #10
    Yea the button to turn off/on my pad is above it. Ussually there is one as it is nice to turn it off when typing.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?