Multisim rms current and voltage RLC Circuit

In summary, the resonant frequency for the given circuit is 795.77 Khz, with inductive and capacitive reactance of 2000 ohm and 1999.9998 ohm respectively. The impedance at resonance is equal to the resistance of the circuit, which is 500 ohm. The rms current at resonance is 0.002A and the rms voltage across each element is 1V for the resistor, 4V for the inductor, and 3.99998 V for the capacitor. However, there may be issues with the circuit setup in Multisim that may need to be addressed before obtaining accurate results.
k31453
Trying to find rms current at resonance and rms voltage across each elements (resistor, inductor and capacitor)

I got the answers but i want it do in multisim !

i got :

R = 500 ohm
L = 0.40mH
C = 100pF

The answer is

rms current: 0.002A
rms voltage:
Vr = 1V
Vc = 126.52 V
Vl = 126.52 V

The resonant freq. is 25.16 Khz at 1v RMS ac source.

this is my attempt !

Homework Statement

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
How did you arrive at the resonant frequency? It looks a bit small to me, given the stated component values.

gneill said:
How did you arrive at the resonant frequency? It looks a bit small to me, given the stated component values.

sorry this is the answers

A) resonant frequency
ans: f = 1/2*pi*sqrt(LC)
= 1/(2*pi*sqrt(0.0004 * 100 * 10^-12)
= 795.77 Khz

b) the inductive and capacitive reactance at resonance
ans: XL = 2*pi*f*L
= 2*pi* 795.775*10^3*0.0004
= 2000 ohm

Xc = 1/(2*pi*f*C)
= 1/(2*pi* 795.775*10^3 * 100 * 10^-12)
= 1999.9998 ohm

C) the impedance at resonance

ans : impedence of resonance is resistance of circuit : z = R = 500 ohm

D) the rms current at resonance
ans: I = V/R = 1/500 = 0.002A

E) the rms voltage across each element at resonance
Ans: Vr = IR
= 0.002 * 500
= 1V

VL = IXL
= 0.002 * 2000
= 4V

Vc = IXc
= 0.002 * 1999.99
= 3.99998 V

Yes, that looks better.

gneill said:
Yes, that looks better.

but still i can't prove into multisim !

k31453 said:
but still i can't prove into multisim !

I don't have Multisim, so I can't help with the details of using it. Sorry.

But looking at the image you've provided, I would say that there sure are a lot of multimeters inserted, presumably to measure current. Surely one would suffice for a series circuit? Also, it appears that the inductor's top end is open circuited and it is being bypassed by a multipmeter (to measure voltage?). I'd suggest removing all but one multimeter to measure the series current, and make sure that the circuit is unbroken and operational before adding multimeters in parallel with the components to measure their voltages.

1. What is Multisim rms current and voltage RLC Circuit?

Multisim rms current and voltage RLC Circuit is a simulation software used by scientists and engineers to design, analyze, and test electronic circuits. It allows users to simulate the behavior of RLC circuits, which consist of a resistor (R), an inductor (L), and a capacitor (C) connected in series or parallel.

2. How does Multisim calculate rms current and voltage in an RLC Circuit?

Multisim uses mathematical equations and algorithms to calculate the root-mean-square (rms) values of current and voltage in an RLC circuit. The software also takes into account circuit parameters such as resistance, inductance, capacitance, and frequency to accurately calculate the rms values.

3. Can Multisim simulate different types of RLC circuits?

Yes, Multisim has the capability to simulate various types of RLC circuits, such as series, parallel, and series-parallel circuits. Users can also customize the circuit parameters and frequency to simulate different scenarios and analyze the behavior of the circuit.

4. What are the advantages of using Multisim for RLC circuit simulation?

Multisim offers several advantages for RLC circuit simulation, including the ability to quickly and easily design and test circuits without the need for physical components. It also allows for easy modification and optimization of circuit parameters, as well as the ability to view and analyze circuit behavior through graphs and virtual instruments.

5. Can Multisim be used for educational purposes?

Yes, Multisim is commonly used in educational settings to teach students about electronic circuits and their behavior. It provides a hands-on learning experience and allows students to visualize and analyze circuit behavior in a virtual environment. It is also used in universities and colleges for research and experimentation purposes.