Need help with torque on a rectangular coil

In summary, torque on a rectangular coil is the measure of the rotational force applied to the coil and is affected by size, shape, magnetic field strength, and angle. To calculate torque, you need to know the coil's dimensions, magnetic field strength, and angle, and you can use the formula Torque = Length x Width x Magnetic Field x sin(θ). The number of turns and material of the coil also impact torque. Torque causes the coil to rotate and its direction is determined by the torque and coil orientation. To increase torque, you can adjust the coil dimensions, magnetic field strength, number of turns, and angle, or use a ferromagnetic material. Torque can be used to power devices such as motors.
Sanosuke Sagara
This is another question that I have think for very long hours but still find the solution to this question.I have my question in the attachment that followed.

Attachments

• current.doc
    20 KB · Views: 602
Physics news on Phys.org
No. Not that way. You can calculate r using purely geometry.

Thanks for your help and I finally get the answer to my question.

1. What is torque on a rectangular coil?

Torque on a rectangular coil is the measure of the rotational force applied to the coil. It is affected by the size and shape of the coil, as well as the strength of the magnetic field it is placed in.

2. How is torque calculated on a rectangular coil?

To calculate torque on a rectangular coil, you will need to know the length and width of the coil, the strength of the magnetic field it is placed in, and the angle between the coil and the field. You can then use the formula: Torque = Length x Width x Magnetic Field x sin(θ).

3. What factors affect the torque on a rectangular coil?

The torque on a rectangular coil is affected by the size and shape of the coil, the strength of the magnetic field it is placed in, and the angle between the coil and the field. The number of turns in the coil and the material it is made of can also impact the torque.

4. How does torque affect the movement of a rectangular coil?

The torque on a rectangular coil causes it to rotate. The direction of rotation is determined by the direction of the torque and the orientation of the coil in the magnetic field. This movement can be used to power devices such as motors.

5. How can I increase the torque on a rectangular coil?

The torque on a rectangular coil can be increased by increasing the length or width of the coil, increasing the strength of the magnetic field it is placed in, increasing the number of turns in the coil, or changing the angle between the coil and the field. Using a ferromagnetic material for the coil can also increase its torque.