Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Need help

1. Apr 21, 2005 #1
    Recently, my computer screen keep flickering when starting up windows, but fine when in the Windows. However, the fickering will start again if i open some programes, especially games.

Just now, my PC hang again. When i in bios, i was alerted that my +3.3Volt has droped.

What is the problem?

My graphic card's error? or my P.S.U. is failing?

Btw, i m now currently using a 240 W PSU. I wonder can i just replace it with a higher power PSU. Will it cause any damge to my com?

Thank You.
  2. jcsd
  3. Apr 21, 2005 #2
    You need a better powersupply for sure! If you have any of the newer cards you should have at least a 450watt powersupply. What kind of video card do you have?
  4. Apr 21, 2005 #3
    nVidia GeForce FX 5600
  5. Apr 21, 2005 #4
    yes you most definintly need a new powersupply in my opinion, do you know where to purchase one localy, or you wanting to do this over the internet?
  6. Apr 22, 2005 #5
    Oh, i can get it locally. Thx. I will try to replace this psu n see if the problem will be solve.
  7. Apr 25, 2005 #6
    Okay! The problem seems to be solved. :P

Thx everyone.
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?