Need Mathematica graphics help

• Thread starter Michaud12
  • Start date

Homework Statement

I need to find a away to make circuit elements (resister capacitor etec) in Mathematica using lines graphic, and im new to this so im not really sure how.......and i need to connect the elements to make a circuit.

i think i made a resister

Graphics[Line[{{0, 0}, {1, 0}, {2, -1}, {3, 1}, {4, -1}, {5,
1}, {6, -1}, {7, 0}, {8, 0}}]]

but I having issues with the rest..

Answers and Replies

several hours later and I've made no progress, i cant even join two lines to make 1 side of the capacitor. If ANYONE has the slightest idea how to help, i really need it

Mapes
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
The "Show" command will display multiple graphics entities at the same time, which may come in handy. Mathematica is not the easiest tool to use here, for sure. Would it be possible to draw the circuit elements in another program and import the image into Mathematica?

The "Show" command will display multiple graphics entities at the same time, which may come in handy. Mathematica is not the easiest tool to use here, for sure. Would it be possible to draw the circuit elements in another program and import the image into Mathematica?

no this is the last hw in a mathematica class. so we need to use it for the whole thing. The other assignments seemed useful but this one one pointless

making the capacitor symbol is really giving me trouble
this is what i have
Cap1 = Graphics@Line[{{1, 0}, {1, .5}}] gave me a vertical line
Cap2 = Graphics@Line[{{0, .25}, {1, .25}}] gave me horizontal line
Capleft = Show[Cap1, Cap2] gave me half of the capacitor logo
then i rotated that 180 degrees to get the other side, then i tried show to combine them but it wont let me

Last edited:
Mapes
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
Gold Member
What does your complete code look like?

i had to break each element into sections but i manged to do it just using the line graphic, it was a pain the the *** tho