NEWB - LED Tail light wiring diagram

In summary, the conversation is about hooking up LED tail lights with two modules, one for dimming, braking, and strobe functions, and the other for turn signal blinking. The tail lights are wired together through a harness and the wiring for dimming and braking comes out of the other tail light. The individual is seeking advice on the correct way to switch power between the two modules and has drawn a diagram to show their current setup. They are also unsure of the specs of the modules. The expert suggests following the directions and advises against running the brake light to the module under Number 3 slot as it may cause issues with the OEM wire. They also question the purpose of the switch for the strobe function and recommend drawing the light
greg sthilaire
Hello. So I have a pair of LED tail lights that are operated by 2 modules. One is for Dimming, Braking and strobe function, and the other is for Turn signal blinking. One tail light is wired to the other through a wire harness and then the wires for dimming and brake function come out the other tail light.

I have drawn this diagram to show you how I am trying to hook up my tails. My question is, when i split my brake wire into two wires, I'm running them to on-off-on switch. Brake light on one side, Strobe function on the other, then running the brake light to the module under Number 3 slot then to the OEM brake light wire. Then running strobe to a switch and then to the module. Would this be the correct way to "switch power" between the two?

Sorry I'm totally new at this so forgive me that I do not have the specs of these modules and such.

Thanks,

Attachments

• diamgram3.png
    diamgram3.png
    50.4 KB · Views: 719
We can only guess at what those "modules " do.
Only advice i can give is
When all else fails, read the directions..

Likes davenn
okay i think i was able to match most of your words to your drawing.
greg sthilaire said:
then running the brake light to the module under Number 3 slot then to the OEM brake light wire.
That sounds to me like a mistake.
It invites the OEM wire and the "module" to fight over who controls the light.

greg sthilaire said:
Then running strobe to a switch and then to the module.
What is purpose of that switch?

Go ahead and draw the light bulbs inside your taillamps. That should make it easier for you to figure out how to power them.

What is a NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram?

A NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram is a visual representation of the electrical connections and components of a LED tail light for a vehicle. It shows how the wires are connected and where they are located in the tail light assembly.

Why is a NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram important?

A NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram is important because it helps users understand the electrical system of their tail lights. It can also be used for troubleshooting any wiring issues and ensuring proper installation of the tail lights.

Where can I find a NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram?

A NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram can be found in the owner's manual of your vehicle, on the manufacturer's website, or by contacting the manufacturer directly. It may also be available at automotive stores or online forums.

Do all NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagrams look the same?

No, NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagrams may vary depending on the make and model of the vehicle. Different vehicles may have different wiring configurations and components, so it is important to find the correct diagram for your specific vehicle.

Do I need to be an expert to understand a NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram?

No, you do not need to be an expert to understand a NEWB LED Tail light wiring diagram. However, some basic knowledge of electrical systems and wiring may be helpful. If you are unsure, it is always best to consult a professional for assistance.