Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

NEWB - LED Tail light wiring diagram

1. Mar 25, 2015 #1
    Hello. So I have a pair of LED tail lights that are operated by 2 modules. One is for Dimming, Braking and strobe function, and the other is for Turn signal blinking. One tail light is wired to the other through a wire harness and then the wires for dimming and brake function come out the other tail light.

I have drawn this diagram to show you how I am trying to hook up my tails. My question is, when i split my brake wire into two wires, i'm running them to on-off-on switch. Brake light on one side, Strobe function on the other, then running the brake light to the module under Number 3 slot then to the OEM brake light wire. Then running strobe to a switch and then to the module. Would this be the correct way to "switch power" between the two?

Sorry I'm totally new at this so forgive me that I do not have the specs of these modules and such.

Thanks,

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 31, 2015 #2
    Thanks for the post! This is an automated courtesy bump. Sorry you aren't generating responses at the moment. Do you have any further information, come to any new conclusions or is it possible to reword the post?

4. Mar 31, 2015 #3

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

We can only guess at what those "modules " do.
    Only advice i can give is
    When all else fails, read the directions..

5. Apr 1, 2015 #4

jim hardy

Science Advisor
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

okay i think i was able to match most of your words to your drawing.

That sounds to me like a mistake.
    It invites the OEM wire and the "module" to fight over who controls the light.

What is purpose of that switch?

Go ahead and draw the light bulbs inside your taillamps. That should make it easier for you to figure out how to power them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook