What is the mass of a 4He nucleus?

In summary, a "noob" in chemistry is someone who is new to the field and lacks experience. Common mistakes made by noobs include improper measurement and mixing of chemicals, not following safety protocols, and misinterpreting results. To improve as a noob in chemistry, one should study the basics, practice experiments, and seek guidance. Essential tools and equipment for a noob include safety gear, beakers, test tubes, and a Bunsen burner. While it is possible to conduct experiments at home, it is important to do so safely and with supervision, following proper procedures and starting with simple experiments.
seto6
NOT A HOME WORK PROBLEM

what does the following means.

4He

and it says that a He nucleus has mass of 6.4*10-27 Kg

how would i calculate the mass of 4He

do i take mass of 4He to be 6.4*10-27 Kg?

help, haven't done chemistry after getting out of school..i only do physic..in uni

thanks in advance

Chemistry news on Phys.org
4He means Helium-4, the Helium isotope with atomic number 4 (two protons, two neutrons). As opposed to Helium-3 (two protons, one neutron) for instance.

i see thanks for the help

Related to What is the mass of a 4He nucleus?

1. What is the definition of a "noob" in chemistry?

A "noob" in chemistry is a term used to describe someone who is new to the field and may not have a lot of knowledge or experience in conducting experiments or understanding complex concepts.

2. What are some common mistakes made by noobs in chemistry?

Some common mistakes made by noobs in chemistry include improper measuring and mixing of chemicals, not following safety protocols, and misinterpreting results. It is important for noobs to carefully read instructions and seek guidance from experienced chemists to avoid these mistakes.

3. How can I improve my skills as a noob in chemistry?

To improve your skills as a noob in chemistry, it is important to read and understand the basic principles of chemistry, practice conducting experiments, and seek guidance from experienced chemists. It is also helpful to keep a record of your experiments and observations to track your progress.

4. What are some essential tools and equipment for a noob in chemistry?

Some essential tools and equipment for a noob in chemistry include a lab coat, safety goggles, gloves, beakers, test tubes, a balance, and a Bunsen burner. It is important to have the necessary equipment to safely and accurately conduct experiments.

5. Can I conduct chemistry experiments at home as a noob?

Yes, you can conduct chemistry experiments at home as a noob, but it is important to do so safely and with supervision. It is also important to research and follow proper procedures and protocols, and to use appropriate equipment and materials. It is recommended to seek guidance from experienced chemists and to start with simple experiments before attempting more complex ones.