• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products Here!

Nuclear engineering book with answer to questions

• Thread starter koab1mjr
  • Start date

Main Question or Discussion Point

I am taking a nuclear engineering course my first one, and we are using the Lamarsh text Intro text. The problem is that there isn't an answer key.

I am sort of struggling with the class because I cannot try problems because I have no way of knowing if I arrive at the right answer. My professor does not have a solution manual if it exist and really cannot provide any assistance.

I learn best by working through problems and learnign to apply the theory. How am I supposed to learn? I noticed the same thing for Krane's Intro to Nuclear physics.

Since there isn't a new book for nuclear engineering written the past 4 decades what can I use to drill problems (elementary level) so I can do well in the class.

Any help is much appreciated?

Answers and Replies

I am taking a nuclear engineering course my first one, and we are using the Lamarsh text Intro text. The problem is that there isn't an answer key.

I am sort of struggling with the class because I cannot try problems because I have no way of knowing if I arrive at the right answer. My professor does not have a solution manual if it exist and really cannot provide any assistance.

I learn best by working through problems and learnign to apply the theory. How am I supposed to learn? I noticed the same thing for Krane's Intro to Nuclear physics.

Since there isn't a new book for nuclear engineering written the past 4 decades what can I use to drill problems (elementary level) so I can do well in the class.

Any help is much appreciated?
The solution manual to the Lamarsh text is available.
Do you have it?