1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Support PF! Reminder for those going back to school to buy their text books via PF Here!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Better Textbook than Lamarsh for Nuclear Engineering

1. Mar 19, 2017 #1
    I browsed this forum a while ago and saw that several people recommend Lamarsh's Introduction to Nuclear Engineering as an intro to this field. I have read about half of this book and really don't like it. Some of the equations are derived in confusing/roundabout ways. For example, many formulas are derived which only work with particular units plugged in. Other times, unnecessary equations are added in derivations. I am wondering if anyone has a similar experience and if they can recommend a textbook more clear in explaining things (for example, Griffiths's physics textbooks).

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 20, 2017 #2
    Fundamentals of Nuclear Science and Engineering by J. Kenneth Shultis is a good option, and its not very confusing. But I should add that Lamarsh is not that bad.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted