Organic Chemistry backup textbook

In summary, Organic Chemistry is the study of carbon-containing compounds and their importance lies in understanding their structure, properties, and reactions which are essential in our daily lives. It differs from Inorganic Chemistry in terms of the types of compounds studied and their complexity. A backup textbook for Organic Chemistry covers topics such as structure, bonding, reactions, and spectroscopy, and can be used to reinforce concepts and improve understanding. Online resources and study aids, such as video lectures and practice problems, can also supplement a backup textbook and further enhance understanding of the subject.
Geo_Zegarra2018
Hello,

I will be taking Organic Chemistry 1 in the fall. I've been reading some sections of organic chemistry 8th edition by john e. mcmurry. This book is required and I was wondering if there's any other chemistry books. When I read it, it makes it hard for me to understand what it's saying. And The homework section is confusing.

Besides David Klein, are there other ones like him?

Physics news on Phys.org
Morrison & Boyd.

I recommend Wade Jr's Organic Chemistry or Hornback's Organic Chemistry. Both are very good at first introduction.

Solomon's and fryl is best!

Related to Organic Chemistry backup textbook

1. What is Organic Chemistry and why is it important?

Organic Chemistry is the study of carbon-containing compounds, which are the building blocks of living organisms. It is important because it helps us understand the structure, properties, and reactions of these compounds, which are essential for many aspects of our daily lives, including medicine, agriculture, and industry.

2. What is the difference between Organic Chemistry and Inorganic Chemistry?

The main difference between Organic and Inorganic Chemistry is the types of compounds they study. Organic Chemistry focuses on carbon-containing compounds, while Inorganic Chemistry studies compounds that do not contain carbon. Additionally, Organic Chemistry generally deals with smaller, more complex molecules, while Inorganic Chemistry deals with larger, simpler molecules.

3. What are the main topics covered in an Organic Chemistry backup textbook?

An Organic Chemistry backup textbook typically covers topics such as the structure and bonding of organic compounds, nomenclature, reactions, mechanisms, stereochemistry, and spectroscopy. It may also cover topics like biomolecules, polymers, and natural products.

4. How can I use a backup textbook to improve my understanding of Organic Chemistry?

A backup textbook can be a valuable resource for improving your understanding of Organic Chemistry. You can use it to review and reinforce concepts, practice problem-solving, and gain a deeper understanding of topics that may have been difficult to grasp in class. It can also provide additional examples and explanations that may not have been covered in your primary textbook.

5. Are there any online resources or study aids that can supplement an Organic Chemistry backup textbook?

Yes, there are many online resources and study aids available to supplement an Organic Chemistry backup textbook. These may include video lectures, interactive tutorials, practice problems, and virtual labs. Additionally, many textbooks also come with online resources, such as quizzes and study guides, to help students further their understanding of the subject.