Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Our cats

1. Jan 4, 2016 #1

wolram

Gold Member

These are our two cats, the black one is Pepper, the other one is pickle as you can see they both make sure they are comfortable.
    As you can see the pics are not very good as i am getting used to my camera.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 4, 2016 #2

jtbell

Staff: Mentor

I hope the flash didn't wake up Pickle!

4. Jan 4, 2016 #3

wolram

Gold Member

Dinner time is the only time pickle wakes up or perhaps a little hunting, apart from that she is either on her radiator bed or upstairs asleep on my bed.

5. Jan 4, 2016 #4
    The orange tabby and the black cat are the two most superior forms of cat. So, you have good taste, Wolram.

6. Jan 4, 2016 #5

wolram

Gold Member

It wasn't my chose zooby, if i had my way we would have had a dog, a big dog may be a wolfhound, the cats belong to Kia.

7. Jan 4, 2016 #6
    So you say, but here you are starting a thread about your cats. Admit it: you love them!

8. Jan 4, 2016 #7

Astronuc

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor

We had two cats like Pickle and Pepper. The orange tabby (male) was named Spencer, and the black tortoise shell (female, black coat with orange and gold) was named Pepper.

9. Jan 4, 2016 #8

lisab

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

'She' - are you sure? Female orange tabby cats are unusual. Can you, erm, double-check the gender please :wink:?

Both cats look healthy and comfortable, as cats should. They're beauties!

10. Jan 4, 2016 #9
    I heard once that the fur color is determined by a gene on the cat's X chromosome. A female may double the chance to be yellow or orange because it has 2 X's. This means there are still yellow striped male cats but they are less in number compared to the female population. :-p

11. Jan 5, 2016 #10
    Fully agree!
    For some strange reason, men are afraid to admit that they like cats.
    But cats are so cool! I never liked them and considered myself a 100% dog person. But once we got Murko, a black male, I totally fell in love with him!
    I just love their independence and their facial expressions. And their eyes, especially yellow eyes on a black cat.
    When I cuddle with Murko, sometimes I call him my little Star-eye.
    And when he was little I used to place him on my shoulder and pretended that I'm a witch lol. He is too big for that now, weep lol

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  12. Jan 5, 2016 #11

wolram

Gold Member

My mistake i should have put he for pickle, pepper is a pain he all ways pinches my chair, it doesn't matter that he has two beds and three other chairs to sit in he all ways goes for where i have been sat. i do love them but i do wish they would not sleep on my legs while in bed.

13. Jan 5, 2016 #12

wolram

Gold Member

Well now i am confused, i will have to get Kia to confirm what they are:confused::biggrin:

14. Jan 5, 2016 #13
    Generally speaking, I have no use for dogs. There are individual dogs I've met who seem OK, but they're mostly too big, too loud, and too needy. I have always liked cats better.

15. Jan 5, 2016 #14
    Just about every cat I've ever had does that. They don't want the best seat, they want your seat!

16. Jan 5, 2016 #15

wolram

Gold Member

I protest, the dog is mans best friend, before we all became to crumbly to walk dogs we all ways had one and they were all loyal and trustworthy.

17. Jan 5, 2016 #16
    I know, everyone loves dogs. I'm the exception.

18. Jan 5, 2016 #17
    Dogs are cool, too! I don't think one is better than the other.
    Dogs are great companions and helpers and they always show you love when you need it :) I love them, too!
    Cats are great for just observing their beauty and guessing what they think. They are mysterious. I don't think they are evil at all! They just won't be your slaves. There are also many of them who are very gentle and kind. But at the same time, they remain wild and always prepared to protect their interests. Just magical!

19. Jan 5, 2016 #18

Lisa!

Gold Member

pickle reminds me of my own cat.:oldfrown:

20. Jan 5, 2016 #19

Tsu

Gold Member

My Zoobie kitty is still with me. She's getting a bit old (kinda like her namesake :wink:) but she does allow me to share my chair with her.

21. Jan 5, 2016 #20
    I don't treat my pets as my slaves and would feed them daily, so I think they don't need anything more from me. To be sure, there are grumpy crazy cats.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook