Outout difference between different size piezo disc

In summary, the conversation is about a person preparing for a piezo electric generator project and facing difficulty in finding a datasheet for different sizes of piezo electric discs. They are looking for information on the output voltage/power difference between different diameter discs at the same pressure and if there is a formula or website to study this. The response suggests that datasheets are provided by the manufacturer and there are specific formulas for each piezo disc, which are considered business secrets. They recommend using a search engine to find data, and even provide a link to one that contains diagrams.
erashish14
Hi Experts,

I'm preparing piezo electric generator project, but when I'm searching for piezo disc for my project, i came across different sizes of piezo electric disc, but i didn't found any datasheet,

My question is what's the output voltage/power difference between different diameter piezo disc like 15mm, 27mm, etc. at the same pressure, is there any formula or pdf or any good website, to study the same.

Thanks in Advance
Ashish

Engineering news on Phys.org
data sheets are provided by the manufacturer, not the seller

Yes, there are specific formulas but for each piezo there is another one, depending on materials and them are business secrets.

use Your favourite search engine to find data

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=piezo+data

even the first answer contains some diagrams - research is boring sometimes, I know :wink:

What is a piezo disc?

A piezo disc is a type of electronic component that can convert mechanical energy, such as pressure or vibration, into electrical energy. It is typically made of a piezoelectric material, such as quartz or ceramic, which produces an electrical charge when subjected to mechanical stress.

What is the output difference between different size piezo discs?

The output difference between different size piezo discs is mainly determined by the size and composition of the piezoelectric material. Generally, larger piezo discs can produce a higher voltage output compared to smaller ones. Additionally, different types of piezoelectric materials have varying sensitivities and produce different output levels.

How does the size of a piezo disc affect its sensitivity?

The size of a piezo disc can impact its sensitivity in two ways. First, larger piezo discs have a larger surface area, which means they can detect a wider range of mechanical stimuli. Second, as the size of a piezo disc increases, its internal capacitance also increases, resulting in a higher output voltage for the same applied force. Therefore, larger piezo discs tend to be more sensitive than smaller ones.

Can different size piezo discs be used interchangeably?

In general, different size piezo discs cannot be used interchangeably because they have different output characteristics. For example, if a small piezo disc is used in place of a larger one, the output voltage will be lower, and vice versa. Additionally, the circuit requirements, such as voltage and current, may vary for different size piezo discs.

What are some common applications for different size piezo discs?

Piezo discs are commonly used in various applications, such as sensors, actuators, and transducers. Small piezo discs are often used in electronic devices, such as watches and alarms, to produce sound. Larger piezo discs are used in acoustic instruments, such as guitars and violins, to amplify sound. They are also used in medical devices, such as ultrasound machines, and in industrial equipment for monitoring and control purposes.