eddievic Messages 47 Reaction score 0 Thread starter May 15, 2013 #1 Homework Statement Use polynomial long division to determine the quotient when [itex]3x^3-5x^2+10x+4[/itex] divided by [itex]3x+1[/itex] The Attempt at a Solution Please see attachment as I wasn't quite sure how to write my answer here :shy: Attachments 20130515100032980.pdf 20130515100032980.pdf 170.2 KB · Views: 305
Homework Statement Use polynomial long division to determine the quotient when [itex]3x^3-5x^2+10x+4[/itex] divided by [itex]3x+1[/itex] The Attempt at a Solution Please see attachment as I wasn't quite sure how to write my answer here :shy:
SteamKing Staff Emeritus Science Advisor Homework Helper Messages 12,828 Reaction score 1,673 May 15, 2013 #2 If A / B = C, then does that mean that A * C = B? That's what you have written at the bottom.
eddievic Messages 47 Reaction score 0 May 15, 2013 #3 SteamKing said: If A / B = C, then does that mean that A * C = B? That's what you have written at the bottom. Oops should be 3x^3+5x^2+10x+4/3x+1=x^2-2x+4 I think..
SteamKing said: If A / B = C, then does that mean that A * C = B? That's what you have written at the bottom. Oops should be 3x^3+5x^2+10x+4/3x+1=x^2-2x+4 I think..