PF doesn't stay logged in on Chrome in Ubuntu

• Bug
  • Thread starter NeoDevin
  • Start date
In summary, the user's home computer runs Ubuntu and they use Chrome for the browser. However, whenever they log in, close the tab, and navigate back to the website, they are logged out again. This issue does not occur on Firefox on Windows or Chrome on Windows. Despite having "Remember me" checked, the user is still logged out. Other websites keep them logged in without any issues and there have been no changes to their browser setup. This problem started happening within the past month. The user has tried various solutions in the past, with the latest attempt appearing to fix most login problems. Recently, the user has started using Chrome in Ubuntu and has noticed that they remain logged in even after closing all tabs and reopening the website.
NeoDevin
My home computer runs Ubuntu, and I use Chrome for the browser. Whenever I log in, close the tab, and navigate back to PF, I am logged out again. This doesn't happen on Firefox on windows or Chrome on windows. (haven't tested Firefox on Linux yet, I'll do that when I get home)

This is despite having "Remember me" checked.

Other websites keep me logged in just fine, and I haven't made any changes to my browser setup since it used to work. This only started happening within the past month or so.

Physics news on Phys.org
NeoDevin said:
My home computer runs Ubuntu, and I use Chrome for the browser. Whenever I log in, close the tab, and navigate back to PF, I am logged out again. This doesn't happen on Firefox on windows or Chrome on windows. (haven't tested Firefox on Linux yet, I'll do that when I get home)

This is despite having "Remember me" checked.

Other websites keep me logged in just fine, and I haven't made any changes to my browser setup since it used to work. This only started happening within the past month or so.

I've tried a few things in the recent past and the latest attempt last week seems to have fixed most users login problems. Honestly I'm afraid there is nothing left for me to do :(

Since a couple of days I've started using Chrome in Ubuntu.

I just checked what happens if I close all tabs of PF, and then open a tab again.
I was still logged in.

I'll check again when I get home, and post back here.

Sorry for the delay, forgot about this in all the Christmas excitement.

It seems to be working properly now.

Yay! Thanks for the update!

What is PF and how does it relate to Chrome and Ubuntu?

PF stands for Personal Finance, which is a software program that helps users manage their finances. It can be accessed through a web browser, such as Chrome, on the Ubuntu operating system.

Why does PF keep logging me out on Chrome in Ubuntu?

There could be several reasons for this issue. It could be due to outdated software, incorrect browser settings, or a problem with the PF server. It is recommended to check for updates, adjust browser settings, and contact PF support for further assistance.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Yes, there are several potential solutions that may resolve this issue. These include clearing browser cache and cookies, disabling browser extensions, using a different browser, or reinstalling PF. It may also be helpful to check for any updates to Chrome or Ubuntu.

Can I prevent PF from logging me out on Chrome in Ubuntu?

While there is no definitive solution to prevent this issue from occurring, there are some steps that can be taken to minimize the chances of being logged out. These include regularly clearing browser data, keeping browser and operating system up to date, and using a strong and stable internet connection.

Is this a common problem for PF users on Chrome in Ubuntu?

There have been reports of PF users experiencing this issue on Chrome in Ubuntu, but it is not a widespread problem. It may be more common for users with older software versions or specific browser settings. It is recommended to troubleshoot and contact support for assistance if the issue persists.