1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Please help me as soon as you can this is due tommorow

1. May 30, 2013 #1
    on his way home from the office, stevens car rounds an unbanked curve that has a radius of 100 m. if the coefficient of friction between the tires and the road is 0.40, what is the fastest speed at which the car can round this curve in miles per hour?

i tried to solve but i just do not understand

2. jcsd
  3. May 30, 2013 #2
    this is another problem i need help with

Madison, whose mass is 35.0 kg, climbs the ladder on the slide in her back yard, and slides to the ground at an angle of 30.0⁰ to the horizontal. If the coefficient of sliding friction is 0.15, what is Madison’s acceleration down the slide? Ignore the initial effects of starting friction.

4. May 30, 2013 #3

462chevelle

Gold Member

per the rules you need to post up the equations your trying to use and your attempt at a solution

5. May 30, 2013 #4
    i do not know what equation im supposed to use and i hvnt attempted to solve due to me not knowing that

6. May 30, 2013 #5
    my second problem has to do with friction and slope

7. May 30, 2013 #6

haruspex

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    2016 Award

If the car has speed v, what centripetal acceleration is needed to make it around the curve? If m is the mass of the car, what lateral frictional force does that imply?
    (Pls use a separate thread for unrelated problems.)

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted