What Is the Electric Flux Density Between Charged Parallel Plates?

In summary, the conversation is discussing questions on electric field, specifically calculating electric flux density between two parallel plates separated by a dielectric and determining electric field strength and flux density for different dielectric materials. The individual asking for help is a student and is encouraged to show their attempt at the problem before seeking guidance.
adedoyin.mike
Please help! With questions on electric field!

Question 1

Two parallel plates are separated by a die electric and charged with 10 micro couloumbs. Given that the area of each plate is 50cm2, calculate the electric flux density in the die electric seperating the plates.

Question 2

Two parallel plates having a Potential Difference of 250 Volts between them are spaced 1mm apart. Determine the electric field strenghtt, find also the electric flux density when the die electric between the plate is (a) Air (b) Mica of Er = 5.

Physics news on Phys.org

You have to show your work before we can guide you to the right track.

I'M A sTUDENT

No one will do your homework for you. You need to show what you've tried so far. Do you have a textbook? Does it have any information in it that might help you get started?

That's exactly why you have show your attempt at the problem.

You're right, actually its a new topic to me, but i'll try my best then i'll post it on the Forum, thanks to you all!

1. What is an electric field?

An electric field is a physical field that is created by electric charges and exerts a force on other charges within its vicinity. It is represented by lines of force that show the direction and strength of the field.

2. How is an electric field measured?

The strength of an electric field is measured in units of volts per meter (V/m). This unit represents the amount of force that a one-volt charge would experience at a distance of one meter from a point charge.

3. What factors affect the strength of an electric field?

The strength of an electric field is affected by the magnitude of the charge creating the field, the distance from the charge, and the medium in which the field exists. The field is stronger for larger charges, closer distances, and in materials with lower electrical resistivity.

4. How is an electric field different from an electric potential?

An electric field represents the force exerted on a charge by other charges in its vicinity, while electric potential represents the amount of work needed to move a charge from one point to another in the presence of an electric field. In other words, the electric field is a measure of the force per unit charge, while electric potential is a measure of the energy per unit charge.

5. What are some real-world applications of electric fields?

Electric fields have a wide range of applications, including in electronics, power generation and distribution, medical devices, and even in nature (e.g. the Earth's magnetic field). They are essential for many technological advancements and play a crucial role in our daily lives.