Problem Uninstalling Programs from TI-84 Plus Silver Edition

In summary, it seems that the issue with deleting programs on the TI-84 Plus Silver Edition may be due to not having the latest version of the TI-OS installed. By downloading and installing the latest version from the Texas Instruments website, the user should be able to successfully delete the desired programs. If the problem persists, contacting the Texas Instruments support team may provide further assistance.
islandboy401
I am having a problem deleting programs from my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition. This is the first time that I am trying to uninstall a program.

I am trying to uninstall "Inequalities" and "Transform", so that I can install "Graph 3". "Graph 3" does not install if "Inequalities" or "Transform" is installed.

I am attempting to delete via the following steps:

1. Press the [2nd] key.
2. Press plus sign
3. Press [2]
4. Press [7].

After pressing [7], according to all instructions I've read online, I am supposed to see a list of programs. However, I see no such list. Instead I only see two things:

RAM FREE 23510
ARC FREE 336830

I have no clue what is going on. Does anyone know what I would do to delete the programs I want to delete.

Computer science news on Phys.org
Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you!It sounds like you may not have the latest version of the TI-OS operating system (TI-OS) installed on your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition. The latest version of the TI-OS will include a list of all the programs installed on your calculator when you press [2nd][+][2][7]. If you do not have the latest version of the TI-OS, you can download it from the Texas Instruments website and install it on your calculator. Once installed, you should be able to delete the programs you want by following the steps you listed above. If you are still having trouble after installing the latest version of the TI-OS, please contact the Texas Instruments support team for further assistance.

Dear user,

Thank you for reaching out to us about your issue with uninstalling programs from your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator. I understand the importance of having a functional and organized calculator for your studies and experiments.

Based on the steps you have followed, it appears that you are attempting to access the archive memory to delete the programs. However, it seems that the programs you are trying to delete are currently stored in the RAM memory. To access the RAM memory and delete the programs, you can follow these steps:

1. Press the [2nd] key.
2. Press [MEM] to access the memory menu.
3. Press [2] to select "RAM" memory.
4. Press [2] again to select "All".
5. Use the arrow keys to navigate to the programs you want to delete.
6. Press the [DEL] key to delete the selected programs.

Alternatively, you can also access the RAM memory by pressing [2nd] + [MEM] + [2] + [2].

If you still encounter any difficulties, please consult the user manual or contact the manufacturer for further assistance. I hope this helps resolve your issue and allows you to install the desired program.

Best of luck with your studies and experiments.

Sincerely,

1. How do I uninstall programs from my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator?

To uninstall a program from your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator, follow these steps:

• Press the "2nd" key, followed by the "MEM" key.
  • Use the arrow keys to navigate to the "Mem Mgmt/Del..." option and press "Enter."
  • Select the program you want to uninstall and press "Enter."
  • Press "Del" to delete the program.

2. Why can't I uninstall programs from my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator?

There are a few possible reasons why you may not be able to uninstall programs from your calculator:

• The program you are trying to uninstall is a built-in program that cannot be deleted.
  • The program is currently in use and cannot be deleted until it is closed.
  • The calculator's memory may be full, preventing you from uninstalling any programs. Try deleting other programs or data to free up space.

3. How do I know which programs are safe to uninstall from my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator?

It is generally safe to uninstall any programs that you have downloaded and installed yourself. However, it is not recommended to uninstall any built-in programs, as they may be necessary for the proper functioning of your calculator.

4. Can I reinstall a program after uninstalling it from my TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator?

Yes, you can reinstall a program after uninstalling it from your calculator. Simply transfer the program back to your calculator using a USB cable and the appropriate software (such as TI Connect).

5. How do I fix any errors or issues that may occur during the uninstallation process?

If you encounter any errors or issues while trying to uninstall a program from your TI-84 Plus Silver Edition calculator, try restarting your calculator and following the uninstallation steps again. If the issue persists, you may need to reset your calculator to its factory settings or contact the manufacturer for further assistance.