Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problem with Pspice simulation

1. Sep 8, 2015 #1
    Hi,

I have a strange problem with Pspice, it always shows after successful attempts, the simulation program stops working and all voltages markers turns to gray and cant see any results any more Pspice capture.PNG Sche.PNG

2. jcsd
  3. Sep 8, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

What happens if you simplify the output circuit to just a single stage of the multiplier?

Also, what does it mean on the left where it says L1=L1, L2=L2, L3=L3?

4. Sep 8, 2015 #3
    What happens if you simplify the output circuit to just a single stage of the multiplier?

it works, but as soon as i copy past some diodes (i change the name and the number of of course) i get this problem,

Also, what does it mean on the left where it says L1=L1, L2=L2, L3=L3?[/QUOTE]

that's an alternative way how a transformer is built in pspice

5. Sep 9, 2015 #4

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Can you attach the ascii node source file to a post. Then I can run it without having to start from scratch.
    Pspice has some bugs. Have you tried to run it on LTspice?

6. Sep 9, 2015 #5
    no i did not :/

Attached Files:

7. Sep 9, 2015 #6

Baluncore

Science Advisor

There is no circuit in that file.
    It should have one line per component that specifies nodes component name and value/model. For example; C3 is connected between ground node 0 and another node, maybe 3, it is called C3 and has a value of 1nF.
    0 3 C3 1n

8. Sep 9, 2015 #7
    sorry

Attached Files:

9. Sep 9, 2015 #8

Baluncore

Science Advisor

Not useful. Please look in the file before you post it to verify it is the raw spice node code.

10. Sep 9, 2015 #9
    sorry but i found nothing with that format

11. Sep 9, 2015 #10

Attached Files:

• z.PNG
      z.PNG
      File size:
      8.9 KB
      Views:
  12. Sep 9, 2015 #11

berkeman

In PSPICE, is there an option to Export a SPICE Deck? That would be the ASCII file that we can try to run ourselves.

13. Sep 9, 2015 #12
    Try shorting the caps with a high-ish value resistor - like 1 meg or 10 meg.
    SPICE goes a little unstable sometimes when you have a long capacitively coupled circuit like that.

14. Sep 9, 2015 #13

berkeman

I just noticed that C3 and C13 appear to be shorted in the schematic. That may not be the cause of your problems, but you should fix that connectivity at some point. :smile:

15. Sep 10, 2015 #14
    i have a trial version of Pspice, i cant :(

16. Sep 10, 2015 #15
    ok thanks :smile:

17. Sep 10, 2015 #16
    ok , im gonna try it

18. Sep 10, 2015 #17

Baluncore

Science Advisor

I used LTspice.
    Schematic.png Traces.png

19. Sep 11, 2015 #18
  20. Sep 11, 2015 #19

Baluncore

Science Advisor

I think it might depend on how you define the driving voltage.
    For sine 12V, LTspice generates; V = 12 * sine(wt) i.e. 24 Vpp = 8.5 Vrms. What does Pspice do ?

You run at 500 kHz, I run at 1kHz. Neither has any load so we are both looking at electrostatic voltage.

You show 8 testpoints on your schematic, but you only show 7 traces on the plot.
    Your highest output voltage is not being displayed. Has the EHT shorted another of your capacitors or diodes ?

21. Sep 15, 2015 #20
    hi,

im using Ltspice now :), im trying to use C19 as Dummy load ( from the german word Ersatzlast) but it does not work
    Multi.PNG

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook