Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Problems in explicit dynamics simulation in ANSYS Workbench

1. Mar 8, 2015 #1
    I'm new with ansys if I can help it would be helpful.
    the problem is that two solids are shocked, but one of them is going through the other, have already implemented several things different tutorials but the answer is the same. the only question when I change the location fixed support the results change. I've also tried putting speed and standard earth gravity but I do not lack anything the result.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 9, 2015 #2
    There is something wrong with your contacts if you getting penetration (one material passing through the other). Looks like you have made your own contacts. Try and see if it works well with automatic contacts. Please list the contact settings you have used.

4. Mar 9, 2015 #3
    if I've already tried that contacts are so automatic, I've done with friction and frictionless but the answer remains the same solids are crossed.

thanks for answering.

5. Mar 10, 2015 #4
    Can you be a bit more clearer with your problem?

If penetration is your only problem, check for body interactions

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook