1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Prospects for Software Engineers in Nuclear Engineering

1. Dec 30, 2008 #1
    Hi there !

I've been doing some research regarding prospects in the nuke industry recently and came across this forum. I hope somebody can clear things up for me !

I'm a software developer with a Bachelors degree in CSE and three years of experience in the industry.I've been considering a career switch into the nuclear industry and I'm interested in switching into some kind of position in the nuclear power sector that aligns with my skillset.

I'm thinking of pursuing a Masters degree in Nuclear Engineering and I'm willing to put time, effort and money into this, but what I would like to know from you guys is : What kind of roles/positions could be available for a person with my career background ?

Another thing I'm worried about is the fact that I won't hold a Bachelors degree in Nuclear engineering. Will having a background in CS and Masters in NE, put me at a disadvantage compared to my peers ?

Any suggestions ?

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted