Proving Integral A & Finding Antiderivative f(x)

• Thread starter omni
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Integral
In summary, the conversation discusses how to prove A and how to find the antiderivative of f(x). The correct equation for A is 2^8, and the integral of 2^8 from 0 to 1 is greater than the integral of (1+sqrt(x))^8 from 0 to 1. The conversation also mentions using inequalities to find upper and lower estimates for the integrand.
omni
how i Prove A?

and how i find the antiderivative of f(x) ?

thanks.

Attachments

• 234.JPG
    234.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 350
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure you wrote the complete equation? Because in A for sure 0.2*2^8 is not smaller than 2.

Well you could explicitly find the anti derivative if you expanded the bracket. This will give you a polynomial with powers of x and Sqrt[x] which can be integrated.

But in this question you are supposed to find lower and upper estimates for the integrand to approximate it by something you can easily integrate.

I guess the correct equation should be <2^8 on the right hand side.

well look again is not 0.2*2^8 smaller than 2

is0.2*2^8 smaller than 2^8

and this is correct .

thanks.

omni said:
well look again is not 0.2*2^8 smaller than 2

is0.2*2^8 smaller than 2^8

and this is correct .

thanks.

No, it definitely says 2. Perhaps you should look again?

:) YES truth my wrong but the correct A is this:

i sorry about my hasty . ;)

Attachments

• 234.JPG
    234.JPG
    6.7 KB · Views: 335
Well, the tedious way you could do it is by expanding and then evaluating the integral. That's not fun, though.

What's the value of the integral of 2^8 from 0 to 1? Can you prove that this MUST be greater than the integral of [itex]\left(1+\sqrt{x}\right)^8[/tex] from 0 to 1?

Last edited:
i will try to do something.

i got Hint that say's who more big 1 or sqrt x
and also i not must Calculate the integral to prove A truth?

Well, since (1+sqrt(x))^8 < 2^8 at all points between 0 and 1, it stands to reason that [tex]\int_0^1 \left(1+\sqrt{x}\right)^8 dx < \int_0^1 2^8 dx = 2^8[/tex] as well. Can you see why?

If you would calculate the integral there would be no need for the inequalities.
For the upper bound follow Char.
For the lower bound you could think what is bigger,x or sqrt x in the area under consideration.

ok i think i Understand it thanks to all of you.

1. What is an integral?

An integral is a mathematical concept that represents the area under a curve on a graph. It is used to calculate the total value or quantity of something by dividing it into smaller parts and adding them together.

2. How do you prove an integral is correct?

To prove an integral is correct, you must use the Fundamental Theorem of Calculus, which states that the integral of a function f(x) can be calculated by finding its antiderivative F(x) and evaluating it at the upper and lower limits of integration.

3. What is an antiderivative?

An antiderivative is the opposite of a derivative. It is a function whose derivative is equal to the original function. In other words, it is the reverse process of finding a derivative.

4. How do you find the antiderivative of a function?

To find the antiderivative of a function, you must use integration techniques, such as u-substitution, integration by parts, or partial fractions. These techniques help to manipulate the function into a simpler form that can be easily integrated.

5. Why is finding the antiderivative important?

Finding the antiderivative is important because it allows us to solve integral problems and evaluate the total value or quantity of something. It is also a key concept in many areas of mathematics and science, such as physics and engineering.