Finding Someone Dedicated to Science and Math

• Thread starter hemantc007
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Science
In summary: My daughter's mother wanted to get her degree in the Philosophies of Math and Science, but she ran out of money for it and instead took some government grants and studied Biostatistics at the University of Michigan. I recall her telling me that she was originally hoping to pursue a mostly independent course of study. Sure, but please bear in mind that I'm just trying to repeat what she told... not provide a full or accurate account.
hemantc007
HI THERE.....

I have question , IS THERE ANYBODY HOW IS PURELY DEDICATED TO SCIENCE OR/AND MATHEMATICS ?
OR

HOW LOVE SCIENCE OR/AND MATHEMATICS LIKE CRAZY ?

I WOULD LOVE TO MEAT HIM/HER ...

Physics news on Phys.org
hemantc007 said:
:uhh:

have you tried a university or college near you yet?

WHY ARE YOU YELLING?:biggrin:

rewebster said:

:uhh::rofl:

Lisa! said:
WHY ARE YOU YELLING?:biggrin:

:uhh::rofl:

I meant that i would like to discussion with him, about pure mathematics .

rewebster said:

have you tried a university or college near you yet?

Not that far , but the thing is , i had talked to my professor and my college friends , nobody is that much purely interested in pure mathematics.

You are in college, please write in sentences that reflect that fact. :uhh:

Cyrus said:
You are in college, please write in sentences that reflect that fact. :uhh:

what do you mean ?

hemantc007 said:
what do you mean ?
Use 'who', not 'how', and 'meet', not 'meat', as in

'is there anybody who is purely dedicated' and

who loves science or/and mathematics like crazy?

I would love to meet him/her.

I suspect English is not the primary language.

hemantc007 said:
I meant that i would like to discussion with him, about pure mathematics .

This forum would be a good place for it. Just start asking questions.

hemantc007---

give an example of what you want to discuss, a specific point would be best (not something general, such as 'who want to talk about set theory?)

aaaaaasorry for the above mistakes.
I am quit new at this and I tend to such mistakes , But I make sure that I will reduce those mistakes .

hemantc007 said:
aaaaaa

sorry for the above mistakes.
I am quit new at this and I tend to such mistakes , But I make sure that I will reduce those mistakes .
Don't worry about it, I'm sure Cyrus can't speak your language.

IT is just that I want to study pure mathematics and science... butttttt ....not by the society rules ,that is by obtaining degree .

What I mean is , I need to know is there any university or college where they will allow me to study independently ( that includes , when I will have problem , I need professor around , who are equally devoted to mathematics and science ) .

I am ready to pay there fee . I don't want to bound my self to society rules.

I ensure that I will study all that from the basics, because my motive is to understand it and not just to know it.
one more thing I don't care about job or money because I need to gain all knowledge (I know that ,that it is impossible in your frame of reference , but it is possible is other frame ).

hemantc007 said:
IT is just that I want to study pure mathematics and science... butttttt ....not by the society rules ,that is by obtaining degree .

What I mean is , I need to know is there any university or college where they will allow me to study independently ( that includes , when I will have problem , I need professor around , who are equally devoted to mathematics and science ) .

I ensure that I will study all that from the basics, because my motive is to understand it and not just to know it.
one more thing I don't care about job or money because I need to gain all knowledge (I know that ,that it is impossible in your frame of reference , but it is possible is other frame ).

My daughter's mother wanted to get her degree in the Philosophies of Math and Science, but she ran out of money for it and instead took some government grants and studied Biostatistics at the University of Michigan. I recall her telling me that she was originally hoping to pursue a mostly independent course of study.

Choronzon said:
My daughter's mother wanted to get her degree in the Philosophies of Math and Science, but she ran out of money for it and instead took some government grants and studied Biostatistics at the University of Michigan. I recall her telling me that she was originally hoping to pursue a mostly independent course of study.

Can you provide me with more details , please

hemantc007 said:
Can you provide me with more details , please

Sure, but please bear in mind that I'm just trying to repeat what she told me more than eight years ago.

As I recall, she was on track to graduate with a dual degree BS in Mathematics and Natural Science with a minor in Philosophy (not sure if I said that right), and was considering her options for graduate studies.

She said that she had spoken with various Professors (at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor), and came to me (we were together at the time, and she was expecting) and told me of her desire to pursue an independent study for her Masters degree, and that she wanted to study the Philosophies of Math and Science. I didn't really see a problem with it, other than to tell her I thought that it would basically leave her with only job prospects in academia, but she thought the same as well and accepted it. I think she actually had to write some proposal to be accepted at U of M with this course of study—but we eventually realized it was completely infeasible financially for us to pay for her Graduate Studies, so she found some government program that was giving a very substantial stipend to students studying Biostatistics and studied that instead.

Anyway, I know it's not much info, but I hope that helped.

hemantc007 said:

It normal policy for one to take courses from a proscribed curriculum, which essentially covers what the faculty deem the basic necessity for a given discipline. Usually there is room for electives, and one could conceivably chart an independent course, with the concurrence of the faculty.

hemantc007 said:

You are willing to pay to go to university or college, and you want the help from the professors, how is that independent?

It is not essential that you earn degree, you could just not show up for the grad ceremony. So, what "rules of society" would you be forced to follow?

hemantc007 said:

There's a school here in Washington State,http://www.evergreen.edu/" , which allows students to tailor their curriculum. They allow self-study. It's a liberal arts school with a very unusual approach to education. They don't "spoon feed" their students; you have to be very self-motivated to be successful there.

However, I don't know if they have a large math department. That doesn't mean you can't get a great education there, though. If the school and/or the profs click with you, it may be a good fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
hemantc007---

maybe it would be best if you would tell us where you're from and age

Choronzon said:
Sure, but please bear in mind that I'm just trying to repeat what she told me more than eight years ago.

As I recall, she was on track to graduate with a dual degree BS in Mathematics and Natural Science with a minor in Philosophy (not sure if I said that right), and was considering her options for graduate studies.

She said that she had spoken with various Professors (at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor), and came to me (we were together at the time, and she was expecting) and told me of her desire to pursue an independent study for her Masters degree, and that she wanted to study the Philosophies of Math and Science. I didn't really see a problem with it, other than to tell her I thought that it would basically leave her with only job prospects in academia, but she thought the same as well and accepted it. I think she actually had to write some proposal to be accepted at U of M with this course of study—but we eventually realized it was completely infeasible financially for us to pay for her Graduate Studies, so she found some government program that was giving a very substantial stipend to students studying Biostatistics and studied that instead.

Anyway, I know it's not much info , but I hope that helped.

IT might not be enough, but enough for me to have HOPE of achieving it......

In future if you get more info please let me know.

THANKS FOR THAT INFORMATION.

DaveC426913 said:
You are willing to pay to go to university or college, and you want the help from the professors, how is that independent?

It is not essential that you earn degree, you could just not show up for the grad ceremony. So, what "rules of society" would you be forced to follow?

Here, when I said " independent " I meant that independent from society rule and close to pure part of science .

lisab said:
There's a school here in Washington State,http://www.evergreen.edu/" , which allows students to tailor their curriculum. They allow self-study. It's a liberal arts school with a very unusual approach to education. They don't "spoon feed" their students; you have to be very self-motivated to be successful there.

However, I don't know if they have a large math department. That doesn't mean you can't get a great education there, though. If the school and/or the profs click with you, it may be a good fit.

thanks....

rewebster said:
hemantc007---

maybe it would be best if you would tell us where you're from and age

SURE ...
# my name is Hemant Choudhary .

# I am from India (not hard core of my or any other country , these country , religion , cast etc are none of my concern )

# I have completed my 18th last nov. .

ANY more info , just ask for it.

IF you all want to know , how much I am dedicated to science and mathematics , then just read about or watch a documentary .-- Dangerous Knowledge --- ON BBC FOUR.

It's about 4 mathematician namely Georg Canto, Ludwig Boltzmann,Kurt Gödel and Alan Turing .
watch ---http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/dangerous-knowledge/

read ---http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcfour/documentaries/features/dangerous-knowledge.shtml

and it is not just for mathematics but for science too...

LifeSimbol said:
believe me i don';t know who the helt are those people

you will get to know if you read about them , on the given link ...if you are interested.....

LifeSimbol said:
believe me i don';t know who the helt are those people

You don't know who Godel and Turing are??

lisab said:

sorry I forgot to mention that I don't want that time limit that this course must be completed in one year or three year .

AND IF POSSIBLE , A UNIV. OR COLLEGE WHERE THEY JUDGE STUDENT ON THE BASES OF HIS\HER KNOWLEDGE AND INTEREST IN THAT SCIENCE.

BASICALLY A PART IN THE WORLD WHERE PEOPLE RESPECT SCIENCE AND MATHEMATICS AND WOULD LIKE PEOPLE LIKE ME TO JOIN......

I wouldn't guess there would be many 'apprentice' openings---places like to have people that add to the possibility of the company/business/organization to advance.

In other words, you should have (more than just) some knowledge in the area that you want to 'help' in----an 'enthusiasm' in an area isn't often good enough.

Think about it from their point of view---what abilities/knowledge do you think that they would want in an applicant for an opening/job? ask them...

rewebster said:
I wouldn't guess there would be many 'apprentice' openings---places like to have people that add to the possibility of the company/business/organization to advance.In other words, you should have (more than just) some knowledge in the area that you want to 'help' in----an 'enthusiasm' in an area isn't often good enough.Think about it from their point of view---what abilities/knowledge do you think that they would want in an applicant for an opening/job? ask them...

firstly I am not talking about some opening\job...

I am talking about science , scientist , research , knowledge and pure mathematicians and there point of view AND NOT some economical or political or social part's point of view ...

secondly I am purely into science ,so I need a place (univ. or college which satisfied point in above posts) where there are people who respect science and mathematic, not that you all don't do it, but purely into it...
those above point are less of my concern so don't bother me with them please...

DaveC426913 said:
The Venus project believes that the end of the world will come Terminator-style, by the take-over of machines.

Does that qualify as crackpottery?

I am impressed by them because they are at least try it , not just given up and stared opposing the fact that they can change the world...
I myself wanted to break this system because I am lock into it, I don't care much about poverty or any other thing , just want to make my self free and make a system without money and where people are free to do whatever they want to do like those pure science , mathematics and also for other people's freedom.

I am trying to do so for last 1 an 1.5 year but not unsuccessful because i don't have the authority and bounded by law of money and survival without money...

believe me take a step forward and we will break those system ...if you fell that there some mistake in that point then you can correct it , you know it is not that easy task ,to think of making whole system proper ...

hemantc007 said:
I am trying to do so for last 1 an 1.5 year but not unsuccessful because i don't have the authority and bounded by law of money and survival without money...

Is this not telling you something?

You need power and money to make changes.

You may have to make a very hard decision:
Do you want this freedom for yourself, or for your descendants? Pick only one.

You may have to change the system from within. i.e. you may have to sacrifice your personal goals, by acquiring wealth and money, so that you can let your children have the life you dream of.

DaveC426913 said:
Is this not telling you something?

You need power and money to make changes.

You may have to make a very hard decision:
Do you want this freedom for yourself, or for your descendants? Pick only one.

You may have to change the system from within. i.e. you may have to sacrifice your personal goals, by acquiring wealth and money, so that you can let your children have the life you dream of.
There is another way of breaking it by uniting people around and over through the monetary system...

hemantc007 said:
There is another way of breaking it by uniting people around and over through the monetary system...
Do you think it will happen in your lifetime? If not, you sacrifice a lot of your ability to enact change when you decide to forego power and wealth.

DaveC426913 said:
Do you think it will happen in your lifetime? If not, you sacrifice a lot of your ability to enact change when you decide to forego power and wealth.

yes ,hope so ...
Any way I am gona try it till end , am not gona give up...if it does not happen within my lifetime I will make my mark strong enough so that people will know about my existence and continue with it...