What Are the Functions of the Editor Buttons in Reply Mode?

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
In summary, when you reply in the editor window, the 8th button inserts a URL, the 7th button links, and the second last button removes formatting.
Raghav Gupta
When we are replying ,in editor window, what is the function of 8th button?
The 7 th button inserts a URL.
Also what is the function of second last button?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you "hover" the cursor over the buttons, a message explaining the function appears: 7th button links; 8th unlinks; ccw arrow undoes; cw arrow redoes.

But I am using IPad which is touchscreen.
What is ccw?

Bystander said:
ccw arrow undoes; cw arrow redoes.
I am not asking 4th last button of redo but you will find two more buttons at right upper corner.

Counter-clock-wise.

Remove formatting, and bulletin board editor.

What about this?
Raghav Gupta said:
I am not asking 4th last button of redo but you will find two more buttons at right upper corner.

'Remove formatting' and 'use BB code editor'?

What do the buttons look like?

Drakkith said:
'Remove formatting' and 'use BB code editor'?
Yeah, that is true I think.
But can you give a example of where to use a remove formatting button? What is its use?

If you have text that is formatted, such as italics or bolded, it removes them. This is useful if you've copied a large amount of text that is full of formatting effects.

Okay, then what about bb code editor button?

Raghav Gupta said:
Okay, then what about bb code editor button?
The second button from the right (looks sort of like a rubber eraser) removes formatting if you have selected some text that has been formatted.

The button at the far right shows all of the BBcodes that are in effect.

Okay, one last query.
Why when we are seeing some posts, in images a Red Cross above is coming not allowing us to click it?
Does it allows only specific members to see image?

Last edited:
The red X means that the image that was once linked there, no longer exists at the web address that the poster gave for it.

Got it.

Thanks to all of you.

Last edited:

1. What are editor buttons?

Editor buttons are clickable tools or icons that are located on the toolbar of an editor or text field. They are designed to help users easily format text, insert media, or perform other functions while editing a document or text.

2. How do I use editor buttons?

To use editor buttons, simply click on the desired button. This will perform the function associated with that button, such as bolding text or inserting an image. Some editor buttons may also have dropdown menus with additional options to choose from.

3. Can I customize editor buttons?

It depends on the specific editor or text field. Some may allow you to customize the toolbar by adding or removing buttons, while others may not have this option. Check the settings or preferences of your editor to see if customization is available.

4. Are editor buttons available in all types of editors?

No, editor buttons may vary depending on the type of editor or text field. For example, a word processing program may have a different set of buttons compared to a website builder. It's important to familiarize yourself with the specific editor buttons available in the tool you are using.

5. Why are editor buttons important for scientific writing?

Editor buttons can make formatting and organizing scientific writing much easier and more efficient. They can help with creating headings, inserting citations and references, and incorporating images or graphs. This can save time and effort for scientists and researchers, allowing them to focus on the content of their writing.