Question about a Flip Flop circuit

In summary, the conversation is about a question regarding writing the change from Q to Q+ (next state) with respect to S and R. The person is confused about how the Q+ states are written and questions if the circuit is a nand latch. The answer is that when the flip-flop is clocked, the state of S and R are copied to Q and Qbar. If x is different from Q, the next state will be 1, which is the XOR function. Answer (c) is that Q+ = x XOR Q.
Salman Ali
Hello! I am confused in a question I found on youtube. I have uploaded the screen shots.
He told that with respect to S and R we have to write the change from Q to Q+( next state). But I am not getting it. How he wrote Q+ states?Is he considering that when S=1 , we have to set the circuit i.e on Q , 1 will be stored and the circuit will be set and vice versa? But this is a nand latch right? S is above R and infront of S there is Q. So it is a nand latch in which when S=1 Q is 0 . Thanks

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    22.1 KB · Views: 322
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    51.4 KB · Views: 321
Last edited:
Engineering news on Phys.org
When the F/F is clocked the state of S and R are copied through to Q and Qbar respectively.
If x is different to Q then the next state will be 1, which is the XOR function.
Answer (c); Q+ = x XOR Q.

1. What is a Flip Flop circuit?

A Flip Flop circuit is a type of digital electronic circuit that can store one bit of information, either a 0 or a 1. It is commonly used in computer memory, counters, and other digital logic circuits.

2. How does a Flip Flop circuit work?

A Flip Flop circuit consists of two stable states, known as the set state and the reset state. It can be triggered to switch between these two states by an input signal, such as a clock pulse. The output of the circuit will then reflect the current state it is in.

3. What are the different types of Flip Flop circuits?

There are several types of Flip Flop circuits, including SR Flip Flops, D Flip Flops, JK Flip Flops, and T Flip Flops. Each type has its own unique characteristics and applications.

4. What are the advantages of using a Flip Flop circuit?

Flip Flop circuits have several advantages, such as being able to store data without the need for continuous power, having a simple design and low cost, and being able to operate at high speeds.

5. What are some common applications of Flip Flop circuits?

Flip Flop circuits are commonly used in digital electronics, such as in computer memory, counters, and registers. They are also used in communication systems, control systems, and other electronic devices that require sequential logic operations.