URGENT Chemistry Question: Which of the Statements is Correct?

• Thread starter beocom6000yello
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Chemistry
In summary, the correct statements regarding the relationship between enthalpy of reaction and activation energy are (a), (c), and (f).
beocom6000yello
URGENT QUESTION: Chemistry

i would think that enthalpy of reaction would always have to be greater than activation in order to proceed. however, i thought the rest were false.

please help me...this is very frustrating.

This problem involves consideration of the following statements.

(a) Slow reactions have more elementary steps than fast reactions.
(b) The slowest step comes last in a reaction mechanism.
(c) The slowest step comes first in a reaction mechanism.
(d) Fast reactions have fewer elementary steps than slow reactions.
(e) Fast reactions have only one elementary step.
(f) Enthalpy of reaction is larger than activation energy.
(g) Enthalpy of reaction is smaller than activation energy.

Which of the following combinations of the above statements is correct?

all are correct

none is correct

(a), (c), and (f) are correct

(e) is correct

(d) and (f) are correct

(a) is correct

(b), (e), and (f) are correct

Physics news on Phys.org
the more intermediate steps you have in a reaction, the slower this reaction will be.

The correct combination of statements is (a), (c), and (f). This is because slow reactions do have more elementary steps than fast reactions, and the slowest step does come first in the reaction mechanism. Additionally, the enthalpy of reaction is always larger than the activation energy in order for a reaction to proceed. It is important to note that while (f) is correct, it does not necessarily mean that (g) is incorrect. Both statements can be true in different scenarios.

1. What is the statement being referred to?

The statement being referred to is likely one that presents conflicting information or options and asks which one is correct.

2. Can you provide context for the statement?

Without context, it is difficult to determine which statement is correct. It is important to know the background or specific situation in order to accurately answer the question.

3. How can I determine which statement is correct?

There are a few ways to approach this question. First, you can research the topic and gather information from reliable sources. You can also consult with experts in the field or conduct experiments to test the validity of each statement.

4. Is there a way to confirm the correct statement?

In science, there is always a possibility for new information or discoveries to change what we previously thought was correct. However, conducting thorough research and consulting with experts can help confirm the accuracy of a statement.

5. What should I do if I am still unsure which statement is correct?

If you are still unsure, it is best to continue researching and seeking advice from experts. It is important to avoid making assumptions or drawing conclusions without sufficient evidence and understanding of the topic.