1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Question regarding homeostasis in Daphnia

1. Mar 3, 2009 #1
    I recently did a lab where i added a single grain of yeast to a water drop with a Daphnia. I was wondering how this experiment represents homeostasis. All i noticed was the Daphnia moved closer to the food source and pretty much burrowed inside of the granule.

2. jcsd
  3. Mar 3, 2009 #2
    i think its because the daphnia wont have to move for food, so its stable and in its "best?" area.

4. Mar 3, 2009 #3
    i dont really know how to explain it...but i know what it means...i dunno try to glean what you can off of my crappy explanation. :P

5. Mar 3, 2009 #4
    So its response to the change in the environment is that it moves closer to the food source because this is the ideal position for it to feed. Also is this a negative or positive feedback loop. I don't think that really applies here because the change is not regulated internally.

6. Mar 3, 2009 #5
    yep, and think that feedback loops dont apply in this condition, because a negative feedback loop would apply somewhere like your stomach for protein digestion, pepsin, pepsinogen and all the like :P

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook