• Support PF! Buy your school textbooks, materials and every day products via PF Here!

Question regarding homeostasis in Daphnia

• Thread starter chris097
  • Start date
I recently did a lab where i added a single grain of yeast to a water drop with a Daphnia. I was wondering how this experiment represents homeostasis. All i noticed was the Daphnia moved closer to the food source and pretty much burrowed inside of the granule.

i think its because the daphnia wont have to move for food, so its stable and in its "best?" area.

i dont really know how to explain it...but i know what it means...i dunno try to glean what you can off of my crappy explanation. :P

So its response to the change in the environment is that it moves closer to the food source because this is the ideal position for it to feed. Also is this a negative or positive feedback loop. I don't think that really applies here because the change is not regulated internally.

yep, and think that feedback loops dont apply in this condition, because a negative feedback loop would apply somewhere like your stomach for protein digestion, pepsin, pepsinogen and all the like :P