1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Questions for disscussions

1. Sep 29, 2006 #1
    I am posting some questions from my textbook.These questions are discussive in nature. However I shall also give answers to which I want that you people should judge my answers and put forward your comments and suggestions about their correctness.
    Looking for help from you guys.

ps. the questions will be mainly from electromagnetism.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
  2. jcsd
  3. Sep 29, 2006 #2
    Electric field

1. Is there any lower limit to the electric force between two particles placed at a separation of 1 cm ?My ans>> Yes, zero.

2.Can a gravitational field be added vectorially to an electric field to get a total field?My ans>>yes because they are simply two vectors

3.In some old text it is mentioned that 4 [tex]\pi[/tex] lines of force originate from each unit positive charge.Comment on the statement in view of the fact that 4 [tex]\pi[/tex] is not an integer.
    My ans>>sorry I have no clue.

Looking forward for your comments.

jitendra

ps: it is not 4^pi, it is 4*pi

Last edited: Sep 29, 2006
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?