1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Radiant power vs. irradiance

1. Nov 14, 2006 #1
    Alright, I'm new to the forum, and I've got to say, it is quite impressive. Okay, my question: How do I convert radiant power (uW/10nm/Lumens) to W/m^2? I am conducting a simulated solar radiation test. I need to know the spectral power distribution of a certain metal hallide bulb. The manufacturer provided a chart of radiant power/wavelength. The standard I'm testing to (MIL-STD-810F) has tolerance bands in the UV, VIS, and IR that the bulb must conform to. The values given are in W/m^2. I have an eppley pyranometer, but it measures irradiance across the whole spectrum, I do not have filters available at this time. I'm sure theres got to be some formula for this. I have not taken calc yet, but have support from several engineers here as far as the math goes. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted