Receiving all push notifications on smartwatch

• Thread starter Raghav Gupta
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Push
In summary, some notifications like wifi connections available on mobile not shows up on smartwatch or like battery is running low don't show up at all. However, other notifications like phone call etc just builds on existing functionality to use blue tooth head sets.
Raghav Gupta
I have a smartwatch that has bluetooth notifications enabled. According to that it should receive any push notification from mobile. I have an app installed called BT Notifications that sends some but not all notifications that I can see on mobile to smartwatch. I searched google but got responses that one should root his/her mobile.
What could be the logic that I am receiving some and not all push notifications when I have enabled all notifications that can be sent?

Computer science news on Phys.org
The phone being too far away, at times, thus disrupting the bluetooth connection between the watch and mobile perhaps? Not sure, though.

But in that situation, one might expect when the connection is regained, any notifications not sent are queued and therefore delivered to your watch upon the connection regain.

StevieTNZ said:
The phone being too far away, at times, thus disrupting the bluetooth connection between the watch and mobile perhaps? Not sure, though.

But in that situation, one might expect when the connection is regained, any notifications not sent are queued and therefore delivered to your watch upon the connection regain.
No, that's not the problem. I tried it keeping very nearby. Some notifications like wifi connections available on mobile not shows up on smartwatch or like battery is running low.

I'm not familiar with smart watches. Perhaps contact the help & support for the watch in question?

Raghav Gupta said:
No, that's not the problem. I tried it keeping very nearby. Some notifications like wifi connections available on mobile not shows up on smartwatch or like battery is running low.

Without any info but "a smartwatch" nobody can even begin to help you.
They are relatively new so I suspect there will be a lot of approaches (graphical and back-end) in use.

I suggest you tell us which smartwatch you have. In the meantime googling "type-of-smartwatch wifi notification" (no quotes) could help you pinpoint whether it's a general problem or specific for you.

JorisL said:
I suggest you tell us which smartwatch you have. In the meantime googling "type-of-smartwatch wifi notification" (no quotes) could help you pinpoint whether it's a general problem or specific for you.
I have a U8 smartwatch. I searched on google many times but was not able to find. I even wrote on xda and android central forums but not got a reply till now.

I'm afraid that might be impossible from the looks of it.
Check e.g. http://benhelps.me/blog/u8-smartwatch-my-tips-month.html

You could try to make a simple test-app to see if you can push those notifications, however it won't be easy I suspect.
Both of those are OS notifications from the looks of it while the phone call etc just builds on existing functionality to use blue tooth head sets.

Note: the last part is mainly speculation.

JorisL said:
I'm afraid that might be impossible from the looks of it.
Check e.g. http://benhelps.me/blog/u8-smartwatch-my-tips-month.html
I already installed the app from playstore for accepting notifications called BT notifications.
Is the notification dependent on the app?
Like I have an app and I can see the push notifications coming from it on my mobile, but only some shows on smartwatch while some do not. Is it developer dependent (which notifications would be sent to smartwatch even if it is showing on mobile status or notifications bar) ?

I have no idea, the problem is that the smartwatch community has a lot of growing to do.
The system-notifications (like battery low and wifi found) might depend on the version of android you use, depending on what stuff they change between versions.

Can you check what is listed under the "Notification app" item?
See this image to know what I mean

It might give a hint of what's going on.

JorisL said:
Can you check what is listed under the "Notification app" item?
See this image to know what I mean

It might give a hint of what's going on.
I have all apps checked under personal and system apps.
People were saying they were able to receive notifications from the pebble smartwatch by downloading some type of app meant for it. On my U8 smartwatch, no specific notification center app is there. I think it all depends on app then.

1. How do I ensure that I receive all push notifications on my smartwatch?

To receive all push notifications on your smartwatch, you will need to make sure that you have enabled notifications for the specific app on your smartwatch. This can usually be done through the settings or preferences of your smartwatch.

2. Why am I not receiving all push notifications on my smartwatch?

There could be several reasons for not receiving all push notifications on your smartwatch. Some possible reasons include having your smartwatch in do not disturb mode, not having a stable internet connection, or not having notifications enabled for the specific app on your smartwatch.

3. Can I customize which push notifications I receive on my smartwatch?

Yes, you can usually customize which push notifications you receive on your smartwatch. Most smartwatches allow you to choose which apps you want to receive notifications from and also give you the option to select specific types of notifications from each app.

4. How do I turn off push notifications on my smartwatch?

To turn off push notifications on your smartwatch, you will need to go into the settings or preferences of your smartwatch and disable notifications for the specific app. You can also turn off notifications for all apps on your smartwatch if you prefer.

5. Are there any privacy concerns with receiving all push notifications on my smartwatch?

It is important to be aware of privacy concerns when receiving all push notifications on your smartwatch. Some notifications may contain sensitive information, so it is important to consider who may have access to your smartwatch and adjust your notification settings accordingly.