1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Scholarship for pdD foreign student = ?

1. Jun 4, 2007 #1
    Scholarship for pdD foreign student = ???

hi guys, usually how much is the scholarship for a foreign phD student in US?

Where can I find the list of scholarship for physics phD?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2007 #2
    At my school (and at almost all others, I think), all MS and PhD students receive full tuition scholarships. We also work as teaching or research assistants, so that we actually make money by going to graduate school. This is the case whether you're a domestic or foreign student. But if you're a foreign student, you need to pass an English proficiency test to be admitted to the graduate program and to teach.
  4. Jun 4, 2007 #3
    oh i c...
    then, may i know how much they will pay u for the assistantship?
  5. Jun 4, 2007 #4
    I get a little over $1,500 per month, and this is common for most schools in the Midwest. They adjust the assistantship based on the cost of living in your particular area. For example, I have a friend who's going to Stanford for a math PhD, who's getting $30,000 per year, which works out to about $2,500 per month (of course he's got a fellowship, so they'd probably pay a bit less to most graduate students).
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?