Scholarship for pdD foreign student = ?

In summary, graduate students in the US, both domestic and foreign, typically receive full tuition scholarships and work as teaching or research assistants. The amount paid for assistantships varies depending on the school and location, but can range from $1,500 to $2,500 per month. English proficiency is required for admission to graduate programs and to work as a teaching assistant.
Fizik
Scholarship for pdD foreign student = ?

hi guys, usually how much is the scholarship for a foreign phD student in US?

Where can I find the list of scholarship for physics phD?

thx!:smile:

Physics news on Phys.org
At my school (and at almost all others, I think), all MS and PhD students receive full tuition scholarships. We also work as teaching or research assistants, so that we actually make money by going to graduate school. This is the case whether you're a domestic or foreign student. But if you're a foreign student, you need to pass an English proficiency test to be admitted to the graduate program and to teach.

oh i c...
then, may i know how much they will pay u for the assistantship?

Fizik said:
oh i c...
then, may i know how much they will pay u for the assistantship?

I get a little over $1,500 per month, and this is common for most schools in the Midwest. They adjust the assistantship based on the cost of living in your particular area. For example, I have a friend who's going to Stanford for a math PhD, who's getting $30,000 per year, which works out to about $2,500 per month (of course he's got a fellowship, so they'd probably pay a bit less to most graduate students).

1. What is a scholarship for PhD foreign students?

A scholarship for PhD foreign students is a financial award that is given to international students who are pursuing a doctoral degree at a university in a foreign country.

2. Who is eligible for a scholarship for PhD foreign students?

Eligibility requirements for a scholarship for PhD foreign students vary depending on the specific scholarship program. Generally, applicants must be international students, have a high academic achievement, and meet the admission requirements of the university they are applying to.

3. How can I apply for a scholarship for PhD foreign students?

You can apply for a scholarship for PhD foreign students by researching and finding the scholarship programs that you are eligible for. Then, you will need to follow the application guidelines and submit all the required materials, such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, and an essay.

4. What are the benefits of a scholarship for PhD foreign students?

A scholarship for PhD foreign students can provide various benefits, including financial support for tuition and living expenses, opportunities for networking and career development, and recognition for academic excellence.

5. Are there any restrictions for a scholarship for PhD foreign students?

Some scholarship programs for PhD foreign students may have restrictions, such as requiring recipients to maintain a certain GPA, participate in research or teaching assistantship, or return to their home country after completing their degree. It is important to carefully read and understand the terms and conditions of the scholarship before accepting it.