Have You Heard These Science Jokes Before?

In summary, the conversation discusses the meaning of the phrase "kal se padhenge" and a famous limerick about special relativity. The phrase translates to "I'll start reading tomorrow" and reflects the idea of procrastination. The limerick plays on the concept of time dilation in special relativity. The conversation also mentions a thread on Physics Forums for science jokes and memes.
Anti Hydrogen
i go first

Attachments

• FunnyCrazyAmazingEntertainmentStudentPictureLawTesnionPressureNumberDaysLeftExamsUrduLaughMast...png
    FunnyCrazyAmazingEntertainmentStudentPictureLawTesnionPressureNumberDaysLeftExamsUrduLaughMast...png
    40.8 KB · Views: 384
Physics news on Phys.org
Anti Hydrogen said:
1577000459174.png
I'm not sure that everyone here knows what 'kal se padhenge' (कल से पढ़ेंगे) means, so I'll explain (I don't know Hindi or Urdu, but I know how to use online translators): it means literally 'tomorrow from will read', more anglo-idiomatically, 'I'll start reading tomorrow' -- the idea is along the lines of no matter how many days you have available for studying, you'll keep putting it off until tomorrow, and will as a consequence experience increasing pressure as you approach the exam date.

• Informative
Likes davenn, pinball1970 and Anti Hydrogen
Famous Special Relativity limerick:

There once was a lady named Bright
Who traveled much faster than light.
She went out one day
In a relative way,
And returned the previous night.

Likes davenn
jedishrfu said:
Famous Special Relativity limerick:

There once was a lady named Bright
Who traveled much faster than light.
She went out one day
In a relative way,
And returned the previous night.
That is not a meme @jedishrfu , I know it's Xmas day and everything but this is pf.

1. What are science and engineering memes?

Science and engineering memes are humorous images, videos, or phrases that are created and shared in the science and engineering community. They typically poke fun at scientific concepts, engineering problems, or common experiences in the field.

2. Why do people create and share science and engineering memes?

People create and share science and engineering memes as a way to connect with others in the science and engineering community and to add some humor to their work. It can also be a way to express frustrations or celebrate achievements in a relatable and lighthearted way.

3. Are science and engineering memes accurate?

While some science and engineering memes may be based on real concepts or experiences, they are primarily meant for entertainment and should not be taken as factual information. It's important to verify information from reliable sources rather than relying on memes for accurate information.

4. Can science and engineering memes be educational?

Yes, science and engineering memes can be educational in a fun and engaging way. They can help spark interest in certain topics and make complex concepts more relatable and easy to understand. However, they should not be relied on as a primary source of education.

5. How can I create my own science and engineering memes?

To create your own science and engineering memes, you can use online meme generators or create your own images or videos using editing software. It's important to be respectful and avoid offensive or discriminatory content. You can also share your memes on social media platforms or online communities for others to enjoy.