Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter

In summary, the conversation is about a physicist seeking help in understanding the subject of dark matter. They are looking for information on the measured values and uncertainty in those measurements, specifically in relation to star rotation around a galaxy. They mention a need for an expansion in a series of the Newton law and clarify that they are not pushing a simple MOND hypothesis. They also mention realizing the complexity of describing the geometry of galaxies.
jensel
Hi,

I hope you can help me. I am a physicist but not a researcher and have currently not the time to study many papers about the subject of dark matter. What I would need for deeper thoughts is an expansion in a series of the Newton law for cases where it has been measured that star rotation around a galaxy is in contrast to Newton.

Meaning: There should be something like

F ≈ 1/r^2 + a/r^3 + ...

I understand fully that the answer can't be that simple but please provide me with some information about the measured values and the uncertaincy in those measurements. Thanks a lot in advance.

Jens

PS, I edit this post: It ist not that I want to push a simple MOND hypothesis, I need reliable experimental data. Thanks a lot.

Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
I would like to remove this thread. I did not see the geometry of the galaxies. It is something not to be described in such an easy way. A 1/r^2 rule is only given for a point like mass center. I found out some material, sorry.

1. What is the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory?

The Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory proposes that dark matter, the mysterious substance that makes up approximately 85% of the universe's mass, can be explained by a series expansion of Newton's law of gravitation.

2. How does the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory differ from other theories of dark matter?

The Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory differs from other theories in that it does not rely on the existence of exotic particles or modifications to the laws of gravity. Instead, it suggests that dark matter can be explained by a simple extension of Newton's law.

3. What evidence supports the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory?

There is currently no direct evidence for the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory, but it has been shown to accurately predict the observed rotation curves of galaxies and the mass distribution of galaxy clusters.

4. What are some potential implications of the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory?

If the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory is confirmed, it could fundamentally change our understanding of the universe and the role of dark matter in shaping its structure. It could also have implications for future cosmological models and theories.

5. What are some ongoing research and experiments related to the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory?

Scientists are currently working to test the predictions of the Series Expansion Newton Dark Matter theory through observations of galaxy rotation curves and the distribution of matter in galaxy clusters. Further research is also being conducted to refine and improve the theory.