Finding a Perpendicular Point on a Tangent Line at the Center of a Circle

• Thread starter bolzano
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Geometry
In summary, simple geometry is a branch of mathematics that studies basic shapes and their properties. The main types of simple geometry are Euclidean and non-Euclidean geometry. Examples of simple geometry in everyday life include measuring angles, drawing shapes, and calculating area and perimeter. The formula for calculating area depends on the type of shape. Simple geometry has real-world applications in fields such as architecture, engineering, art, and design, as well as in navigation, map-making, and computer graphics.
bolzano
Can someone please explain how i can find a point X on the tangent line such that AX and XC are perpendicular (A is the centre)? Thanks : )

Here's a diagram: http://img856.imageshack.us/i/62852104.png/

Physics news on Phys.org
hi bolzano! :smile:

hint: another circle :wink:

tiny-tim said:
hi bolzano! :smile:

hint: another circle :wink:

Hi tiny-tim :)

Do i draw a line between A and C and use it as diameter? :)

Yup! :biggrin:

Thanks a lot! :)

Related to Finding a Perpendicular Point on a Tangent Line at the Center of a Circle

1. What is simple geometry?

Simple geometry is a branch of mathematics that deals with the study of basic shapes and their properties, such as points, lines, angles, and planes.

2. What are the different types of simple geometry?

The main types of simple geometry are Euclidean geometry, which deals with flat surfaces and shapes, and non-Euclidean geometry, which deals with curved surfaces and shapes.

3. What are some common examples of simple geometry in everyday life?

Some common examples of simple geometry in everyday life include measuring angles with a protractor, drawing shapes using rulers and compasses, and calculating area and perimeter of objects.

4. How do I calculate the area of a shape in simple geometry?

The formula for calculating the area of a shape depends on the type of shape. For example, the area of a rectangle is calculated by multiplying its length by its width, while the area of a circle is calculated by multiplying the square of its radius by pi.

5. What are some real-world applications of simple geometry?

Simple geometry is used in various fields such as architecture, engineering, art, and design. It is also used in navigation, map-making, and computer graphics.