1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Solve 3 equations in three unknowns I, W, and L

1. Feb 3, 2012 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Solve 3 equations in three unknowns I, W, and L to find the critical value of L.

***Please See attachment 'differential.gif'****

also note, that I wrote all this using 'mathtype', if its of importance for any to know.

2. Relevant equations

Please see attachment 'differential.gif'

3. The attempt at a solution

****Please see attachment 'Differential tryout.gif' and 'Differential Tryout2.gif'***

I squeezed my brain to what it can handle, but I can not understand how the textbook has got such a solution by its process which I do not understand------Please see attachment 'Differential textSolution.gif' ( since their is a max of three attachments, I am gona make a new thread named 'Differential Text sol' with the attachment.

Attached Files:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 3, 2012 #2
    Differential text sol

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

see attachment in thread 'differential'

2. Relevant equations

See attachment in thread 'Differential'

3. The attempt at a solution

this has the text solution, which i do not understand how it got it????. Please see attachment "Differential text solution.gif'

Attached Files:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook