Solve 3 equations in three unknowns I, W, and L

• Thread starter cytp450
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Unknowns
In summary, the conversation is about solving three equations in three unknowns to find the critical value of L. The attachments provided show the equations and attempts at solving them, but the speaker is unable to understand the textbook's solution. Another attachment with the text solution is mentioned but can be found in a separate thread.
cytp450

Homework Statement

Solve 3 equations in three unknowns I, W, and L to find the critical value of L.

***Please See attachment 'differential.gif'****

also note, that I wrote all this using 'mathtype', if its of importance for any to know.

Homework Equations

Please see attachment 'differential.gif'

The Attempt at a Solution

****Please see attachment 'Differential tryout.gif' and 'Differential Tryout2.gif'***

I squeezed my brain to what it can handle, but I can not understand how the textbook has got such a solution by its process which I do not understand------Please see attachment 'Differential textSolution.gif' ( since their is a max of three attachments, I am gona make a new thread named 'Differential Text sol' with the attachment.

Attachments

• differential.gif
    differential.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 443
  • differential tryout.jpg
    differential tryout.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 371
  • differential tryout2.gif
    differential tryout2.gif
    20.5 KB · Views: 470
Physics news on Phys.org
Differential text sol

Homework Statement

see attachment in thread 'differential'

Homework Equations

See attachment in thread 'Differential'

The Attempt at a Solution

this has the text solution, which i do not understand how it got it?. Please see attachment "Differential text solution.gif'

Attachments

• Differential text solution.gif
    Differential text solution.gif
    5.2 KB · Views: 442

1. How do I solve 3 equations in three unknowns?

To solve 3 equations in three unknowns, you will need to use a variety of algebraic techniques such as substitution and elimination. First, rearrange the equations so that each unknown is on one side and the constants are on the other. Then, use the algebraic techniques to solve for one unknown at a time until all three are known.

2. What are the three unknowns in this type of problem?

The three unknowns in this type of problem are typically represented by the variables I, W, and L. These variables can represent any quantities or values that are unknown in the given equations.

3. Can I use a calculator to solve these equations?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve these equations. However, it is important to show your work and the steps you took to solve the equations. This will help you understand the process and identify any mistakes that may have been made.

4. Are there any shortcuts or tricks to solving these types of equations?

There are certain techniques and strategies that can make solving 3 equations in three unknowns easier. For example, using the substitution method or solving for one unknown at a time can simplify the process. However, it is important to understand the underlying concepts and not rely solely on shortcuts.

5. How do I know if my solution is correct?

You can check your solution by plugging in the values for I, W, and L into each of the original equations. If the equations hold true, then your solution is correct. You can also double check your work by solving the equations using a different method or by using an online calculator.