Solve for i: Expert Tips to Complete Your Equations - Get Help Now

• Thread starter iac0b
  • Start date
In summary, solving for "i" is important because it allows us to find the value of an unknown variable in an equation, which is crucial for scientific and mathematical calculations. To improve your skills in solving for "i", it is recommended to practice and have a solid understanding of basic algebra. Common mistakes to avoid include not following the correct order of operations and not checking your answer. When solving equations with multiple variables, it is helpful to isolate the variable, combine like terms, and substitute known values. To ensure you have solved for "i" correctly, you can check your solution by substituting it back into the original equation, using a calculator, or seeking feedback from a teacher or tutor.
iac0b
solve for i... Pleas help.

Nvm I figured it out.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

iac0b said:

Homework Statement

20,000= (1/(1+i)^5) * 35,247

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Here is what I did. I divided both sides by 35,247 and got .5674241779= (1/(1+i)^5).
From here I converted 1/(1+i )^5 to (1+i)^5/2. I then multiplied the reciprocal of the exponent to both sides and ended up with i= .715...

Please help me solve for i
After you get to this equation...
20,000/35247 = 1/(1+i)^5

take the 5th root of both sides. That will give you
(20000/35247)^(1/5) = 1/(1 + i)
Can you take it from there?

1. What is the importance of solving for "i" in equations?

Solving for "i" allows us to find the value of the unknown variable in an equation, which is crucial in many scientific and mathematical calculations. It allows us to understand the relationship between different variables and make predictions or solve problems.

2. How can I improve my skills in solving for "i"?

Practice is key when it comes to improving your skills in solving for "i". Make sure you have a solid understanding of basic algebra and try solving a variety of equations with different levels of complexity. Seeking help from a tutor or using online resources can also be beneficial.

3. What are some common mistakes to avoid when solving for "i"?

One common mistake is not following the correct order of operations. It's important to remember to solve within parentheses first, then exponents, multiplication and division from left to right, and finally addition and subtraction from left to right. Another mistake is not checking your answer, which can lead to incorrect solutions.

4. What are some tips for solving equations with multiple variables?

One tip is to isolate the variable you are solving for on one side of the equation by using inverse operations. Another tip is to combine like terms and simplify the equation as much as possible before solving for the variable. It may also be helpful to substitute known values for the other variables in the equation.

5. How can I know if I have solved for "i" correctly?

You can check your solution by substituting the value of "i" back into the original equation and see if it satisfies the equation. You can also use a calculator to check your answer or ask for feedback from a teacher or tutor. It's important to double check your work to avoid any mistakes.