Solve for x between 0 , and 2pi the next equation?

• Thread starter luigihs
  • Start date
In summary: If \displaystyle \ \sin(\theta)=\frac{\sqrt{2}}{2}\,,\ then what is θ ?You're welcome. θ can be found by solving θ = arctan(\theta,\pi/4)
luigihs

cos x + square root(3) sinx = square root(2)

sin(x+ (pi/6)) = 1/sqrt2 <-- but then I don't know what to do this what I think should do, but I am not sure how to solve x help me thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org

You need to present your homework using the homework template where you state the problem, show some relevant formula that you might use to solve it and show an attempt.

I don't see how you got the sin(x+pi/6)=1/sqr(2) result from your original equation.

luigihs said:

cos x + square root(3) sinx = square root(2)

sin(x+ (pi/6)) = 1/sqrt2 <-- but then I don't know what to do this what I think should do, but I am not sure how to solve x help me thanks!
So sin(x + π/6) = √2/2

Can you solve sin(u) = √2/2?

You've done all the hard work. The rest is easy.

jedishrfu said:
You need to present your homework using the homework template where you state the problem, show some relevant formula that you might use to solve it and show an attempt.

I don't see how you got the sin(x+pi/6)=1/sqr(2) result from your original equation.

Im really confused I don't even know any relevant formula I just tried to move the x

Mark44 said:
So sin(x + π/6) = √2/2

Can you solve sin(u) = √2/2?

You've done all the hard work. The rest is easy.

is this right? because somebody said early before that I was wrong... sin (u) = 0.707 ?

jedishrfu said:
Good advice. luigihs, the template is there for a reason - don't just blow it away...
jedishrfu said:
He divided both sides of the equation by 2 to get (1/2)sin(x) + (√3/2)cos(x) = √2/2, and then replaced 1/2 by cos(π/6) and √3/2 by sin(π/6). It would have been helpful if he had shown his steps.

Sorry for what is the answer 0.707 ? I don't know how to do the operation

Mark44 said:
Good advice. luigihs, the template is there for a reason - don't just blow it away...

He divided both sides of the equation by 2 to get (1/2)sin(x) + (√3/2)cos(x) = √2/2, and then replaced 1/2 by cos(π/6) and √3/2 by sin(π/6). It would have been helpful if he had shown his steps.

Thanks I didn't see that. I kept thinking to square both sides but then I was still left with a puzzle. Its been a long time since I played with trig problems.

@ luigihs,

If [itex]\displaystyle \ \sin(\theta)=\frac{\sqrt{2}}{2}\,,\ [/itex] then what is θ ?

Related to Solve for x between 0 , and 2pi the next equation?

1. What is the equation and what does it represent?

The equation is "solve for x between 0 and 2pi". This means that we are looking for all possible values of x that satisfy the equation within that range.

2. How can I solve for x in this equation?

To solve for x, you will need to use algebraic methods such as factoring, substitution, or the quadratic formula. It may also be helpful to graph the equation to visually see the solutions.

3. What is the significance of the range 0 to 2pi?

The range of 0 to 2pi is significant because it represents one full rotation around a circle in radians. This is commonly used in trigonometry and other mathematical concepts.

4. Are there any restrictions or limitations when solving for x in this equation?

Yes, there may be restrictions or limitations depending on the specific equation. For example, the equation may only have real number solutions or may require certain values to be excluded from the solution set.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve this equation?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve for x. However, it is important to make sure you are inputting the equation correctly and understanding how to interpret the calculator's output. It is always recommended to also check your solutions by hand.