Solve Polar Moment of Inertia for Thin Plate in 1st Quadrant

• Thread starter king imran
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a person asking for help with solving a problem before Monday, but others on the forum are not allowed to give solutions according to forum rules. The conversation ends with someone jokingly asking if they can also ask for help with a deadline before Monday.
king imran
Find the polar moment of inertia about the origin of a thin plate of density
δ(x.y) =1 bounded by the quarter circle x2+y2=1 in the first quadrant.

Physics news on Phys.org
solve before monday

You must show some work in order to get help. This should be in the homework section, by the way.

We don't give out solutions, it's against the forum rules.

lol

"solve my problem" what kind of forum do you think this is?

I laughed out loud when I read the topic title.

And then laughed even more when I saw the Monday deadline he gave you guys.

Can I do that too? I have work up to my waist and I'd love someone to do it before Monday as well.

Aerosion said:
Can I do that too? I have work up to my waist and I'd love someone to do it before Monday as well.

Sure! You will get just a humorous answers! :smile::biggrin:

You might want to try a different approach to get your problem solved...

Aerosion said:
I laughed out loud when I read the topic title.

And then laughed even more when I saw the Monday deadline he gave you guys.

I have a feeling that if he thinks he's a "king" then maybe he assumes we are his "subjects". :smile:

But even a King cannot violate the PF Guidelines and Rules! :-p

FAQ: Solve Polar Moment of Inertia for Thin Plate in 1st Quadrant

1. What is the formula for solving the polar moment of inertia for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant?

The formula for solving the polar moment of inertia for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant is I = (1/3) * m * r2, where I is the polar moment of inertia, m is the mass of the plate, and r is the distance from the center of the plate to the axis of rotation.

2. How do you determine the axis of rotation for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant?

The axis of rotation for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant is determined by identifying the point where the plate is being rotated around. This point will be perpendicular to the plate and will intersect with the center of the plate.

3. Can the polar moment of inertia for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant be negative?

No, the polar moment of inertia for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant cannot be negative. It is always a positive value, as it represents the resistance of the plate to rotation.

4. How does the mass of the thin plate affect the polar moment of inertia in the 1st quadrant?

The mass of the thin plate directly affects the polar moment of inertia in the 1st quadrant. The larger the mass, the greater the polar moment of inertia, which means the plate will have a greater resistance to rotation.

5. What are some real-life applications of solving the polar moment of inertia for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant?

Solving the polar moment of inertia for a thin plate in the 1st quadrant is important in engineering and physics for calculating the stability and strength of rotating objects, such as gears, flywheels, and propellers. It is also used in designing structures that are subjected to torsion, such as bridges and skyscrapers.