Some questions about electromegntic & EM force

• Thread starter baby_1
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Em Force
In summary, choices A and C have the same field intensity, but choice D has a smaller field intensity.
baby_1
Hello
1-here is a problem that want to specify which current loop has max electromagnetic intensity?(the correct choice is d)
3995536600_1403352717.jpg

(Loop radius: small loop (r) big loop(2r))
so i think choice C is correct it because of this result
9163578400_1403353632.jpg

and
1041008300_1403353634.png

do i think correct or not?

2-for obtain electromagnetic filed we assume that current is from electron or proton?

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
If you observe in c, the bigger loops cancel each other, and the smaller loops also. in+in+out+out=0.

Try option a..

Thanks dear PhysicoRaj
But as I do the right hand rule for each big loop i found the MF of each of them is out of the page and they add to each other not cancel.I show each MF direction via hollow circles and the Bold.
img141.gif

Last edited:
baby_1 said:
Thanks dear PhysicoRaj
But as I do the right hand rule for each big loop i found the MF of each of them is out of the page and they add to each other not cancel.I show each MF direction via hollow circles and the Bold.
img141.gif

Do that for small loops also and you will find that they cancel. c can't be the answer. What do you think about a?

Hello
dear PhysicoRaj
yes in choice a two small loop cancel their MF.
2402987700_1403358841.jpg

but as you see the choice 'c' the current direction of each loop is different and has different MF direction.

baby_1 said:
yes in choice a two small loop cancel their MF.
How? Aren't the currents in the same direction?

baby_1 said:
but as you see the choice 'c' the current direction of each loop is different and has different MF direction.

So shouldn't the MF in different directions cancel?

baby_1, magnetic field is a vector field and has to be added vectorially. To put that, fields in the same direction add up and fields in the opposite directions tend to cancel out.
When you have currents in the same direction, then the produced magnetic fields are also in the same direction and add up.
When currents flow in opposite directions, the produced magnetic fields are also opposite in direction and they cancel out.

Hello
I try to explain more about choice 'c'
we separate choice 'c' and do Spperpostition.
the MF of two small loop is going into page(am I right?)
1142985200_1403359819.png

so it increase amount of MF intensity(B1+B2)
and the MF of two large loop is going out of page(am I right?)
4187196700_1403359819.png

(B3+B4)

as we know the amount of B3 and B4 is smaller than B1 and B2 it because of their loop radius
5421086500_1403360118.jpg

(radius of big loops is 2r and radius of small loops is r) so B1+B2 can remove the effect of large loops and remain some MF into page direction(am I right).

if we assume r=1 and 2r=2 we have(we ignore constants(m0/2))
B1=1/1
B2=1/1
B'=B1+B2=2(into page)

B3=1/2
B4=1/2

B''=B3+B4=1(out of page)

BT=B'-B''=1(into page)

now for choice 'd' we can do same approach
9163578400_1403353632.jpg

B1=1/1(into page)
B2=1/1(out of page)
B'=0

B3(large loop)=1/2

Bt=1/2

so choice 'c' is bigger than choice 'd'

Rather than thinking in terms of into or out of the page, think like, up or down the axis. Every picture shows an axis right? And you are asked to probably find in which choice the field has greatest intensity at the point indicated as a thick dot on the axis.

See (a): both currents are turning clockwise. So the field is added.

See (b): the upper current flows clockwise whereas the bottom one anticlockwise. So the magnetic fields are opposite and cancel out.

See (c): the two small currents are opposite and their magnetic fields cancel. Similarily the two bigger currents are opposite and their magnetic fields cancel.

See (d): both of the small currents are in anticlockwise direction and their fields add up. Plus the large current flows in same direction too! Hence all the three add up!

Thank you so much PhysicoRaj for your approach
I just want to learn more about electromagnetic via mathematical way.so i asked thos question here about my approach.
is it possible to tell me about my approach?and my mistakes?

As I try to send you a private message that what reference and book you suggest to me about your approach and easiest ways to obtain electromagnetic force and filed effect , it seems you locked your account.If there is no problem could you introduce me some book and reference that you think it is suitable for me?

There was no major difference in the methods used by you and me. You just needed some refinement in the method.
I am no expert in suggesting study materials, so I advice you to post it in the 'physics learning materials' forum: https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=160 .
Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello
Dear PhysicoRaj
Thanks for your response.

anybody else could help me on my approach and what is my problem?

Related to Some questions about electromegntic & EM force

1. What is electromagnetic force?

Electromagnetic force, also known as the Lorentz force, is a fundamental force in nature that acts between electrically charged particles. It is responsible for the interactions between charged particles, such as the attraction between protons and electrons in an atom.

2. How does electromagnetic force work?

Electromagnetic force is mediated by the exchange of virtual particles called photons. When charged particles interact, they exchange photons and this exchange creates a force between the particles. This force can be either attractive or repulsive, depending on the charges of the particles involved.

3. What are the properties of electromagnetic force?

Electromagnetic force has several key properties, including its ability to act over long distances, its strength being dependent on the distance between particles, and its ability to act on both electrically charged particles and magnetized objects. It also follows the inverse square law, meaning its strength decreases as the distance between particles increases.

4. How is electromagnetic force related to electricity and magnetism?

Electromagnetic force is closely related to electricity and magnetism, as it is responsible for the interactions between charged particles and magnetic fields. In fact, the electromagnetic force is often considered to be a combination of the electric force and the magnetic force.

5. How is electromagnetic force used in everyday life?

Electromagnetic force has many practical applications in everyday life, such as in the functioning of electronic devices, motors, and generators. It is also used in medical imaging technologies like MRI machines and in communication technologies like radio and television. Additionally, electromagnetic force is harnessed in power plants to generate electricity.