1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Somebody help me.

1. Oct 6, 2004 #1
    I need help with a physics problem, if someone could help me with the fomula, please.

When mass M is at the position shown, it is sliding down the inclined part of a slide at a speed of 2.23 m/s. The mass stops a distance S2 = 1.85 m along the level part of the slide. The distance S1 = 1.14 m and the angle theta = 29.3 degrees. Calculate the coefficient of kinetic friction for the mass on the surface.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  2. jcsd
  3. Oct 6, 2004 #2

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Show your work first.
    If you haven't done any work, post your thoughts about how to deal with the problem, or why you are uncertain about it.

4. Oct 6, 2004 #3
    I got this formula that a friend told me

h=S*sen (theta)

5. Oct 6, 2004 #4

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Is that what your thinking has amounted to??
    Wheedling a formula out of a friend, and not bothering to work on the problem yourself??

6. Oct 6, 2004 #5
    I've been trying but I can't find it

7. Oct 6, 2004 #6

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

You start writing down in detail what you've DONE, and precisely where you're stuck!
    Is that clear?
    By refusing to do so, you come off like someone who just wants others to do their homework for them; if that's what you want, go somewhere else.

8. Oct 6, 2004 #7
    ok, I didn't come here for you to insult me,
    I don't understand what I have to do, I'm not very good at physics right now
    I just want you to help me, explain me, because my proffesor doesn't explain the exercises, not do my homework
    but you know what, I'm really tired cause I took a test today and it was very long
    I don't have to hear your insults, so don't help me, I'll find someone who can be really helpful, and isn't insulting me

9. Oct 6, 2004 #8

arildno

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

Is this insulting?
    You could start enumerate the equations you think might possibly be of use; that's the only way in which you will learn physics.

10. Oct 6, 2004 #9

Pyrrhus

Homework Helper

Angeluzmaia, the only way you can learn is by solving problems by yourself, arildno is just trying to clarify concepts, you might had misunderstood. Also, read the text book, and if you do not understand it, ask here, and we will gladly help out.

11. Oct 6, 2004 #10
    I have read, and I don't understand, also I'm tired and I have less than 6 hours to finish the exercises because their due date is at 7:00 am and I need to sleep because I have my physics test tomorrow and arildno was rude to me
    and I don't know how I can do that exercise, was trying with finding the time it tooks to slide and multlipying by the angle, but still hasn't function

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?