Vega & Arcturus: Amazing Telescope Photos

In summary, the camera used was a mobile phone and the software used to view and take photos was not special.
bruha
Hello,
I just try to make photo (quite amateur) of Vega and Arcturus (by 76 mm scope Newtonian)
If you like watch it ...

Attachments

• vega nove.jpg
    vega nove.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 535
  • arktur nove.jpg
    arktur nove.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 528
Last edited by a moderator:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
What camera did you use?

I just put the mobile camera objective on eyepiece... Do you have some experience with better way of make photo with these telescope?

I use a video cam camera on my Meade cassegrain telescope... I also have microscopes that this unit can adapt to... nice images and uses USB to the PC. I use USB extenders when too cold to be out and I'll view the stars/galaxies on the PC.

Here is a low cost alternative.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ZUF90J2/?tag=pfamazon01-20

bruha said:
I just put the mobile camera objective on eyepiece... Do you have some experience with better way of make photo with these telescope?

Yes, I have specialized equipment dedicated to astrophotography, as does @russ_watters. There are many options if you'd like to get into the hobby, ranging from simple mounts for your cell phone all the way up to expensive cameras and tracking mounts dedicated to long-exposure imaging at night.

Hi,
thank you very much for tips and information. This XCSOURCE 1.25" 0.3MP CMOS Smart USB Digital Telescope Camera Electronic Eyepiece DC625 looks very good. -do you need any special software to replay it ( or make shots) on PC?

Thank you

bruha said:
Hi,
thank you very much for tips and information. This XCSOURCE 1.25" 0.3MP CMOS Smart USB Digital Telescope Camera Electronic Eyepiece DC625 looks very good. -do you need any special software to replay it ( or make shots) on PC?

Thank you
Nope no software needed... it is plug and play like a USB memory device.
My Celestron imager does have PC software and is 5 megapixel (wish list is the 10 megapixel imager) and does take excellent photos as well as videos.

I think as a starter imager the XSOURCE is a good deal... but I have adapted my NIKON 880 camera to the telescope/microscope in the past with excellent results too.

AHa, ok thank you very much

1. What is the significance of Vega and Arcturus in astronomy?

Vega and Arcturus are two of the brightest stars in the night sky and have been studied by astronomers for centuries. They are both relatively close to Earth and can provide important insights into the evolution and characteristics of stars.

2. How were the photos of Vega and Arcturus taken?

The photos of Vega and Arcturus were most likely taken using powerful telescopes, such as the Hubble Space Telescope or ground-based telescopes with adaptive optics. These telescopes can capture detailed images of distant astronomical objects.

3. What can we learn from the photos of Vega and Arcturus?

The photos of Vega and Arcturus can reveal important information about the stars' size, temperature, and composition. They can also help scientists study the surrounding environment, such as planets or debris disks, and track any changes in the stars over time.

4. Are there any other interesting objects in the photos of Vega and Arcturus?

Yes, in addition to the stars themselves, there may be other objects visible in the photos such as planets, moons, or other stars in the background. These objects can provide valuable information about the star systems and their interactions.

5. Can anyone access and view these telescope photos?

Yes, many of these telescope photos are publicly available and can be viewed online or downloaded for further analysis. Some observatories also offer opportunities for amateur astronomers to request and use telescope time to capture their own photos of Vega and Arcturus.