Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

B Star telescope photo

1. Jul 24, 2017 #1
    Hello,
    I just try to make photo (quite amateur) of Vega and Arcturus (by 76 mm scope Newtonian)
    If you like watch it ...

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2017
  2. jcsd
  3. Jul 24, 2017 #2

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

What camera did you use?

4. Jul 25, 2017 #3
    I just put the mobile camera objective on eyepiece.... Do you have some experience with better way of make photo with these telescope?

5. Jul 25, 2017 #4
  6. Jul 25, 2017 #5

Drakkith

Staff: Mentor

Yes, I have specialized equipment dedicated to astrophotography, as does @russ_watters. There are many options if you'd like to get into the hobby, ranging from simple mounts for your cell phone all the way up to expensive cameras and tracking mounts dedicated to long-exposure imaging at night.

7. Jul 25, 2017 #6
    Hi,
    thank you very much for tips and information. This XCSOURCE 1.25" 0.3MP CMOS Smart USB Digital Telescope Camera Electronic Eyepiece DC625 looks very good. -do you need any special software to replay it ( or make shots) on PC?

Thank you

8. Jul 26, 2017 #7
    Nope no software needed... it is plug and play like a USB memory device.
    My Celestron imager does have PC software and is 5 megapixel (wish list is the 10 megapixel imager) and does take excellent photos as well as videos.

I think as a starter imager the XSOURCE is a good deal... but I have adapted my NIKON 880 camera to the telescope/microscope in the past with excellent results too.

9. Jul 26, 2017 #8
    AHa, ok thank you very much

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted