Need Help with (2^n) = 210? Get Expert Review Math Assistance Now!

In summary, the equation (2^1)(2^2)(2^3)(2^4)...(2^n) = 210 is being discussed, with the question of finding the value of n. One individual is stuck on the problem and has not yet found the correct first step. Another person suggests using the formula Sn = n/2[2a + (n-1)d] instead of tn = a + (n-1)d. It is noted that 210 is not a multiple of 2, so it is expected that the solution will not be an integer. It is also mentioned that the method may not work if n is not an integer.
rocketboy
Hey everyone, I am stuck on this question:
[tex](2^1)(2^2)(2^3)(2^4)...(2^n) = 210[/tex]

What is the value of n?

I'd love to post what I have so far, except that the problem doesn't involve much work, so as soon as I have the first step I'll have the last...and I haven't yet gotten the first (correct) step.

THANKS!

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
[tex]2^{1+2+3+...+n}[/tex]=210

don't i feel stupid... :rofl:

I was doing the exact same thing only with the tn = a + (n-1)d formula instead of the Sn = n/2[2a + (n-1)d] formula!

Thank you!

Last edited:
i found an answer which is not an integer!

Leong said:
i found an answer which is not an integer!

Since 210 is not a multiple of 2, that's to be expected.

it is contrary to the method, because 1 + 2+ 3 +.. +n indicates that n must be an integer if want to use the arithmetic sequence formulae.

1. What does it mean to be "stuck" on a review math problem?

Being "stuck" on a review math problem means that you are unable to solve the problem despite multiple attempts. It typically occurs when you are reviewing a concept or skill that you have previously learned.

2. Why do I get stuck on review math problems?

There could be several reasons for getting stuck on review math problems. It could be due to a lack of understanding of the underlying concept, forgetting key steps or formulas, or simply not practicing enough with similar problems.

3. How can I get "unstuck" on a review math problem?

To get "unstuck" on a review math problem, try breaking it down into smaller, more manageable steps. You can also try using different strategies or techniques, such as drawing a diagram or working backwards from the solution. Seeking help from a teacher or tutor can also be beneficial.

4. Is it normal to get stuck on review math problems?

Yes, it is normal to get stuck on review math problems. Reviewing and practicing old material can be challenging, and it is common to forget certain concepts or steps. The key is to persevere and seek help when needed.

5. How can I prevent getting stuck on review math problems in the future?

To prevent getting stuck on review math problems in the future, it is important to regularly review and practice previously learned concepts and skills. This will help reinforce your understanding and make it easier to recall information when needed. Additionally, actively engaging in class and asking questions can also help prevent getting stuck on review problems.