Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Subscription glitch

1. Feb 16, 2006 #1

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

A couple times in the past few weeks, I've noticed a strange icon next to one of the threads in the "New posts" list. Hovering over it, it says I'm subscribed to the thread! :bugeye: And then when I go to my CP, lo and behold, I really am subscribed! This is all despite never having (knowingly) done anything to cause myself to be subscribed. :frown:

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 16, 2006 #2

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

After a recent patch, everyone's thread subscription mode was set to automatic -- every thread you posted in would automatically become subscribed. Although this was fixed recently, you may still have some subscribed threads still lingering.

- Warren

4. Feb 16, 2006 #3

Hurkyl

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

The latest occurence was a few minutes ago on this thread which I created yesterday.

(And I've posted in it several times without the subscription being activated)

5. Feb 16, 2006 #4

chroot

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Well, in that case... hmmm..

Greg, are you screwing with (I mean, uh, fixing) anything?

- Warren

6. Feb 16, 2006 #5

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I'll trade ya! I still don't get any icons for the threads I'm subscribed to.

7. Feb 16, 2006 #6
    Trying clearing your caches

8. Feb 16, 2006 #7

Moonbear

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Are you talking to me or Hurkyl? If you're referring to me, that doesn't work. Nothing worked. Different computers, browsers, clearing caches, turning off and on, etc., yet no subscriptions (I don't know if email notifications worked...I pounced on that before I posted anywhere when you announced that was reset).

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?