1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Suggestions for non-euclidean geometry (analytical) books?

1. Mar 15, 2008 #1

I'm doing my senior presentation on analytical (not axiomatic) hyperbolic geometry on the unit disk model (Poincaré disk), and I haven't had any courses directly pertaining to this topic. I won't be doing this until next fall, but I need to do as much reading on the subject as possible in the mean time.

Can anyone suggest some good books? The library at my uni (surprisingly) had virtually nothing on analytical non-euclidean geometry. They had plenty books on an axiomatic approach, but that's not what I'm looking for. After my advisor and I scoured the library for anything on this topic, he lent me a couple of his books, which have been helpful to get me started. These books are:

Modern Geometries - The Analytic Approach by Michael Henle.

The Poincaré Half-Plane - A Gateway to Modern Geometry by Saul Stahl.

The latter, as the title denotes, deals with the half plane, and has limited content as far as the disk model goes. The former has been helpful, but I could use something to supplement it. I would very much appreciate it if anyone could offer some suggestions.
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted