Temperature in oven related rate

In summary, the problem involves finding the values of a and b in the model T(t) = 210 - ae^{-bt}, given that at t=30 minutes, the turkey's temperature is 135^{\circ}C and is increasing at a rate of 1.8^{\circ}C/minute. The constants a and b can be solved for using implicit differentiation.
jorrty

Homework Statement

A turkey is put in an oven maintained at a constant temperature of 210[tex]^{\circ}[/tex]C. At time t=30 minutes, the turkey is 135[tex]^{\circ}[/tex]C and is increasing at a rate of 1.8[tex]^{\circ}[/tex]C/minute. The model for the turkey's temperature is

[tex]T(t) = 210 - ae^{-bt}[/tex]

Find the values of a and b.

Homework Equations

[tex]T(t) = 210 - ae^{-bt}[/tex]

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm not really sure where to begin here. I could set 135deg on the left side, let t=30, and then solve for b in terms of a. Would I then use implicit differentiation to solve for a? Aren't a and b constants? Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
is increasing at a rate of 1.8LaTeX Code: ^{\\circ} C/minute

so dT/dt = 1.8 C/min at t= 30 mins

Yes, a and b are constants. There's only one input: "t".

1. What is the ideal temperature for baking?

The ideal temperature for baking varies depending on the recipe and type of food being baked. Generally, most baked goods require a temperature between 350-375 degrees Fahrenheit.

2. How do I know when my oven has reached the desired temperature?

Most ovens have a preheat indicator light that will turn off when the oven has reached the desired temperature. Alternatively, you can use an oven thermometer to accurately measure the temperature inside the oven.

3. Can I use a higher temperature to speed up baking time?

It is not recommended to use a higher temperature to speed up baking time. This can result in unevenly cooked or burnt food. It is best to follow the recommended temperature in the recipe for the best results.

4. How does the temperature affect the cooking time?

The temperature of the oven plays a crucial role in the rate at which food cooks. Higher temperatures cook food faster, while lower temperatures cook food slower. It is important to follow the recommended temperature and cooking time in a recipe for the best results.

5. Can I open the oven door while baking?

It is not recommended to open the oven door while baking, as this can cause a decrease in temperature and disrupt the baking process. If it is necessary to check on the food, do so quickly and close the door as soon as possible to maintain the temperature.