The island is big and wooded in parts, How do they survive?

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    parts
In summary, the group of people stranded on the island must find a way to survive by finding fresh water, constructing shelter, and hunting for food. They must also watch for passing ships or planes in order to be rescued.
hypatia said:
You can call me a bent crank...{hands on hips,taps foot} but we still need toilets dug!
Would someone please, fashion a shovel from that bit of metal?
Oh, I made a couple of out-houses.

How 'bout we make dduardo responsible, as assistant sanitary engineer? :biggrin:

I am going after a boar. Be back in a jiff.

Physics news on Phys.org
Astronuc, I've got the big stick. If you challenge my power you'll get a good whacking.

dduardo said:
Astronuc, I've got the big stick. If you challenge my power you'll get a good whacking.
I eat sticks! :biggrin: :rofl:

Astronuc said:
Oh, I made a couple of out-houses.

How 'bout we make dduardo responsible, as assistant sanitary engineer? :biggrin:.
geez I hope we can deflate him in time:rofl: And thanks for the out houses!

Ive got some greens gathered, and a spicy smelling root, and small dates. Putting rocks into the hot coals...soaking large leaves in water...

we will feast tonight!

*Whacks hypatia over the head with a big stick*

That's for trying to deflate my ego.

FredGarvin said:
So what if all 4 engines have bent cranks?
Knock a propellor blade off to rebalance it. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Or we can make some your Portuguese friend's mother's biscuits if you can remember the recipe. :rofl: That was a beaut, mate! :biggrin:
Thanks. :blushing:
I know that I'm supposed to keep stuff like that down here, but sometimes I just can't help it.
I wouldn't attempt to duplicate the recipe until I can build a right powerful catapult to heave them. They might best be reserved for coastal defense.

dduardo said:
*Whacks hypatia over the head with a big stick*
You're on the wrong island, dude. Whapping a Motown or Joisey gal with a stick, no matter how big, is not a good idea. You'll be lucky if you have any orifices left to plug with lightbulbs.

his twig did no damage...but he's got to sleep sometime. :uhh:
I maybe in favor of making a pillory.

*Forges steel sword and slices Danger's arm off*

That's for telling me who I can and can't whack

dduardo said:
I hate to spoil your fun, but since we're treating this more or less as a real exercise, the first attempt by you to whap anyone with a stick would result in
1) exile or similar, if it's Astronuc's decision
2) you becoming the backstop for the first live fire test of the rebuilt .50's, if it's mine
:tongue:

dduardo said:

That's for telling me who I can and can't whack
Hey! We need everyone with arms attached! We have too much work to do. Now I have to sew Danger's arm back on. Brewnog and Astronuc, we're going to need some of your stash for disinfection. Arildno, come over here and sit on Danger to stop his squirming. :uhh: I sure hope that needle is sharp. Pokes dduardo in the rear. :devil: Yep, that seemed sharp enough. Hypatia, just keep holding pressure on the wound. Evo, I need thread! Strip dduardo and shred his clothing to threads and soak them in the alcohol. Wolram, once we get the clothes off dduardo, take those leather straps and tie him up to that tree so he stays out of trouble! :mad: Sorry, Danger, this is going to hurt, no way around it.

Moonbear said:
Hey! We need everyone with arms attached! We have too much work to do. Now I have to sew Danger's arm back on. Brewnog and Astronuc, we're going to need some of your stash for disinfection.

Disinfection?

Sod that. The poor chap needs it for anaesthesia! :smile:

*Takes out Zippo lighter from pocket and lights alcohol soaked rags. Danger bursts into flames. Picks up sword and starts arbitratrily swinging at people. Cuts moonbear's left leg off and decapitates Hypatia. Creates motav cocktail by combining alcohol bottle and a piece of cloth. Lights cocktail and throws it at shelters. Giant flames erupt from the straw huts. Astronuc comes screaming out of one of the huts. His afro is on fire! One palm trees catches fire and then the rest. Pulls out nunchucks from back pockets and whacks Evo in the head. Uses grenade to blow up latrines. Finishes everyone off with a rocket launcher. Takes out satellite cellphone and calls for a helicopter.*

The End.

[edit] Almost forgot, *Takes One Ring from wolfram before departing...my precccessioussss*

Last edited:
Ahh, dduardo's helicopter just left. Good job he didn't spot us all hiding in the bushes.

I'm sure we can fix Moonbear up with a wooden leg, and we might be able to sort out Hypatia with a wooden head too.

Astronuc may take a while to recover from his 3rd degree scalp burns, but I've been told that we can perform a graft, weaving his beard-hair into a rudimentary wig.

Evo is still in a state of blissful unawareness of what's been happening since she took the blow to the head. Fortunately, her treatment is confined to wiping dribble off her chin every 20 minutes, and reading kids stories to keep her entertained.

Good job dduardo left behind his rocket launcher, with a couple of spare shells. He'll get a nasty surprise if he tries to come back.

just plop a coconut on my neck stump and I'll be fine...make sure the eyes are pointing forward please.

*What brewnog doesn't know is that dduardo instructed the pilot to launch all 16 hellfire missles at the island before leaving. The small island is completely destroyed. You must be in another plane of existence to still be talking.*

dduardo said:
*What brewnog doesn't know is that dduardo instructed the pilot to launch all 16 hellfire missles at the island before leaving. The small island is completely destroyed. You must be in another plane of existence to still be talking.*

Oh, bugger.

brewnog said:
Oh, bugger.

How are you people ever going to escape the alternate plane of existence your in now and return to Earth to get your revenage?

I knew this thread wouldn't last

dduardo said:
How are you people ever going to escape the alternate plane of existence your in now and return to Earth to get your revenage?

*wakes up, rubs eyes* Wow! All that hard work left me with some crazy dreams! I dreamt that dduardo showed up with a sword and started chopping people to bits, then escaped on a helicopter and blew up our island. I really must have too a drink from the wrong bowl last night. That must've been some of brewnog's brew rather than water I was drinking! :bugeye:

I slept just fine, tho my necks a bit stiff. I could use a hot bath, and a shampoo. "shrugs" time to hit the ocean.
Walking down the beach a bit...a cove..with yucca plants! Strip myself and a break off a stalk and wash with the sap..and note, tell moonbear about yucca..wow am I sunburned!

Oh, thanks for letting me know about yucca! (Though it always makes me think of Fozzie Bear in the Muppets, "Yucca yucca yucca," was how he laughed.) Does it help with sunburn? If you think you have a bad burn, you should see how crispy I am! I can turn to toast with SPF 50 sunblock on! I think I should start helping out more with the stuff in the forest so I can stay in the shade more.

Good idea to stay in the shade, yes it helps a lot. Keep your eye out for aloe plants too. I'll weave us some funky palm hats. then find people to look for food. We can even dry some fruits to use later

wolram said:
All part of my master plan Lisa, by the way can you cook or sew or have some
other talent?
Yes, I can be the leader! :blushing: (who said sewing or cooking are talents!? :bugeye: )

Lisa! said:
Yes, I can be the leader! :blushing: (who said sewing or cooking are talents!? :bugeye: )

I'm thinking you will when your naked and hungry.

lol we just got rid of our last self proclaimed leader, so you'd half to be able to do a bit more then that...or at least be willing to learn.

hypatia said:
I'm thinking you will when your naked and hungry.

lol we just got rid of our last self proclaimed leader, so you'd half to be able to do a bit more then that...or at least be willing to learn.
Who was s/he?

Lisa! said:
Who was s/he?
We thought that there was a gassy penquin with a stick trying to muck things up, but it turned out that the fumes from Astro & Brewski's still were hallucinogenic. We've since vented it to the downwind side and there won't be a recurrence.

Well, seeing as we've gone through 3 self proclaimed leaders already... I think I'll try another approach.

NINJAS ATTACK!

I really don't like to be the leader but I have to, because it's the matter of death and life! o:)

Smurf said:
NINJAS ATTACK!
Luckily, Smurf's not-too-bright ninjas attacked the wild boar colony instead of the camp, so they're all dead now. Back to work, people.
Lisa!, you know I'll follow you anywhere.

Lisa! said:
I really don't like to be the leader but I have to, because it's the matter of death and life! o:)

Hey what, a new leader , has she passed the tests? Like walkinig
across the fire pit bear foot, and resisting all the male charm :biggrin: if she
has she must be a tough nut, but no, no female could be that tough :biggrin:

http://www.kia-glitz.com/images/misc/island2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Danger said:
We thought that there was a gassy penquin with a stick trying to muck things up,...
Hmm, yes.
It seems dduardo must be my special responsibility here..
After all, I can't let him remain everybody's pain in the ass, can I?

Oh dear, I'm an altruist, I think.

Last edited:
Big fanfare please. Ok, that's enough, our island, note, "our", the
top is north, we came ashore about a third of the way up the east coast,

wow nice island! Good job!

wolram said:
Big fanfare please. Ok, that's enough, our island, note, "our", the top is north, we came ashore about a third of the way up the east coast.
OK, great that you found the map. Nice island.

I am headed to the peaks ASAP.

As for what I missed last evening - :biggrin:

I think dduardo OD'd on testosterone. :rolleyes: And he seemed like such a nice young man. Well it can happen to the best of them.

Danger said:
Whapping a Motown or Joisey gal with a stick, no matter how big, is not a good idea.
Whapping ladies is capital offense in my book. :mad: Punishment is 'obliviation'! :devil:

brewnog said:
Astronuc may take a while to recover from his 3rd degree scalp burns, but I've been told that we can perform a graft, weaving his beard-hair into a rudimentary wig.
Not to worry, the hair will grow back. Fortunately, the beard is intact. And btw, I do not scream when I am on fire.

dduardo said:
What dduardo doesn't realize is that in his alternate reality, I eat swords and hellfire missiles. :biggrin:

Danger said:
We thought that there was a gassy penquin with a stick trying to muck things up, but it turned out that the fumes from Astro & Brewski's still were hallucinogenic.
Hey, we'll have to build a condensor to capture the fumes. That stuff is too good to let go! We can bottle it and sell it at the Tiki. Anyway, I need some of that now and then - not that I hallucinate - mild euphoria is about all I have ever managed.

Danger said:
Luckily, Smurf's not-too-bright ninjas attacked the wild boar colony instead of the camp, so they're all dead now.
Oh, Nuts! I was looking forward to playing with the Ninjas. Now I only have the boars to play with. :biggrin: I think Smurf got some fumes too. :biggrin: