The multiple derivatives of position

In summary, Placement and presentment are not technical terms in physics and simply refer to the location and presentation of objects. Action, on the other hand, is a technical term used in mechanics and quantum mechanics and is represented by Plank's constant.
albertrichardf
Hi all,
I came across the term placement, and presentment and the likes. I was wondering what they may mean in physics. I tried a search but the answers were not very clear. I was also wondering what action means in physics.
Any answers will be appreciated. Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
I have not seen the terms placement and presentment used as technical terms in physics. Placement is just where and how you put something ... like placement of table ware at a banquet, Presentment is how somethig is presented .. perhaps its orientation. These are both English descriptive terms; just follow the dictionary definitions.

Action is a technical term from physics. It is used in mechanics and quantum mechanics. Plank's constant has units of action.

Likes 1 person

What is the meaning of the multiple derivatives of position?

The multiple derivatives of position refer to the different rates of change in an object's position over time. These derivatives can be calculated using calculus and can provide valuable information about an object's velocity and acceleration.

How are the multiple derivatives of position related?

The first derivative of position is velocity, the second derivative is acceleration, and the third derivative is called jerk. These derivatives are all related to each other, with acceleration being the rate of change of velocity, and jerk being the rate of change of acceleration.

Why are the multiple derivatives of position important?

The derivatives of position are important because they can help us understand the motion of an object. By analyzing the changes in position over time, we can determine an object's speed, direction, and whether it is accelerating or decelerating.

How can the multiple derivatives of position be calculated?

The derivatives of position can be calculated using calculus. The first derivative is the slope of the position-time graph, the second derivative is the slope of the velocity-time graph, and the third derivative is the slope of the acceleration-time graph.

What real-world applications use the multiple derivatives of position?

The multiple derivatives of position have many real-world applications, such as predicting the motion of objects in physics and engineering, analyzing data in sports and athletics, and understanding changes in stock market trends. They are also used in navigation systems and robotics to track the position and movement of objects.