Think of an interesting physics problem

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of a person lifting themselves up by their own hand(s) if they are strong enough. It is possible for a person to lift another person if they are powerful enough, but they cannot lift themselves because they are using themselves as the "anchor point". This is due to the physics of the body and it is not possible even for yoga masters. The reason is that while one arm is pulling upwards, the other arm is pushing down on the rest of the body, resulting in no movement.
kenny1999
suppose there are two people

it is of course, possible that one of them could lift up another person by one hand (or two)
if he is powerful enough.

I just wonder if it is possible for someone to lift up himself by his own hand(s) in the world suppose he is strong and powerful enough.

It's possible for a 100kg man to lift up a 200kg object, but why a 100kg man can't lift up himselff which is far less than 100kg

Am I stupid to ask this question? but what is the reason in phyiscs or science

Physics news on Phys.org
kenny1999 said:
suppose there are two people

it is of course, possible that one of them could lift up another person by one hand (or two)
if he is powerful enough.

I just wonder if it is possible for someone to lift up himself by his own hand(s) in the world suppose he is strong and powerful enough.

It's possible for a 100kg man to lift up a 200kg object, but why a 100kg man can't lift up himselff which is far less than 100kg

Am I stupid to ask this question? but what is the reason in phyiscs or science

What makes you think that a man cannot pull his own weight? Newer seen someone doing pull-ups?

A person cannot lift themselves up because they are using themselves as the "anchor point". If you pull upwards on one arm with the other, nothing happens because while you are pulling upwards on the one arm, the one doing the pulling is pushing down on the rest of your body. So nothing happens.

Be a yoga master and you can levitate. Physically impossible.

azizlwl said:
Be a yoga master and you can levitate.

I hope this is a joke.

1. What is a physics problem?

In simple terms, a physics problem is a question or scenario that requires the application of fundamental laws and principles of physics to solve. It may involve mathematical calculations, experiments, or critical thinking.

2. How do you come up with an interesting physics problem?

One way to come up with an interesting physics problem is to observe the world around you and ask yourself why things happen the way they do. You can also read about current research and unsolved mysteries in physics for inspiration.

3. Can you provide an example of an interesting physics problem?

An interesting physics problem could be to calculate the trajectory of a ball being thrown off a cliff with a given initial velocity and angle, taking into account air resistance and gravity.

4. What skills are needed to solve a physics problem?

To solve a physics problem, one needs to have a strong grasp of fundamental concepts, critical thinking skills, and the ability to apply mathematical formulas and equations. Good observation and experimentation skills are also helpful.

5. Why is it important to solve physics problems?

Solving physics problems helps to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, which are valuable in many fields. It also helps to deepen our understanding of the physical world and how it works.