Did the What has Obama to hide? thread disappear due to biased moderation?

• Thread starter isly ilwott
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the moderation of threads and the removal or locking of non-productive and biased content. The topic of a specific thread, "What has Obama to hide?", is brought up and it is mentioned that it is still visible on the forum. The conversation also mentions the option to find all threads started by a specific user in their profile.
isly ilwott
...send messages of biased "moderation". It gives the appearance of abusive powers. What happened to the "What has Obama to hide?" thread?

...makes one think that Obama and all his backers may have something to hide.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
I disagree. Threads that are non-productive on either side are either removed or locked. I've been the cause of a few "locked" threads even though I've never faked quotes, used extremely biased sources, or made outlandish, radical claims without a single source as some others have done.

If threads are generally not about debate but about mud-slinging or prejudicial language and so on they are deleted or, in general, locked.

This allows more productive, sourced threads to continue. It's all in the forum guidelines available at the top of the forums.

The thread hasn't disappeared anywhere (though it would be perfect within the rules to do that). I see it.

Gokul43201 said:
The thread hasn't disappeared anywhere (though it would be perfect within the rules to do that). I see it.
Where?

It's here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=251124

The title was changed from a sensationalist title to one the conveyed the content of the thread.

Note that you can find all of the threads that you started by choosing the "find all threads started by [username]" from the statistics tab in your profile.

cristo said:
It's here: https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=251124

The title was changed from a sensationalist title to one the conveyed the content of the thread.

Note that you can find all of the threads that you started by choosing the "find all threads started by [username]" from the statistics tab in your profile.
I see.

I guess a simple PM to the thread starter is out of the question.

...and the original title still shows in the Re: bar

Normally messages do get sent when something like this is done. I guess the mentor that made the edit got distracted (this can happen quite often, since we all have real jobs as well as PF!)

What are "Threads that disappear"?

"Threads that disappear" refer to online discussion threads or conversations that suddenly disappear or become inaccessible without any explanation or warning.

Why do threads disappear?

There can be multiple reasons for threads to disappear, such as technical issues, moderation or deletion by the platform or community, or the original poster deleting the thread.

Can threads be recovered once they disappear?

In most cases, once a thread disappears, it cannot be recovered. However, if the thread was archived or cached by a search engine, it may be possible to retrieve it.

How can I prevent my threads from disappearing?

To prevent your threads from disappearing, make sure to follow the platform's guidelines and rules, avoid violating community standards, and keep backups of important conversations.

Are there any steps I can take to retrieve a disappeared thread?

If a thread has disappeared and cannot be recovered through traditional means, you can try reaching out to the platform's support team or the original poster to see if they can provide any information or assistance in retrieving the thread.