Ti-89 titanium what can i do with it

In summary, the TI-89 is helpful for engineering classes, but don't rely on it too much as a student.
zir_green
ok i bought my calculator for exact 5 days
i have learned as much as i can
now i have 3 weeks free because end of the finals i am waiting the comming semester . i want to use it in my exams
i learned (important ones)
how to take integrals , derivation , laplace ,
and still learning diff eqn , Fourier , EE.Pro
but my question is what is the limit of this device ?
for example can it do digital design? or can i use in telecom theory ?
what can do with it in exams behind of these all
please share with me your experience

by the way i am an electric and electronic engineering student

Computer science news on Phys.org
You plan on using the TI-89 to cheat on your tests? It doesn't need to have a limit. It as all the functions you will ever need and has been optimized for use in engineering, especially EE. People do write third party programs for it though. I've seen it all, digital and analog circuit simulation, an entire physics package, optimized calculus packages, etc. Check out ticalc.org. But here is a tip, don't rely too much on your calculator as a student. You will miss out on the feeling of getting your hands "dirty".

no not for cheating i want to be faster
we really don't have the time for cheating
in an exam there are 2 possibilities whether you can solve the question or not
there is only one way to cheat that is to write the solution from your classmate but as we all know in EE al solutions are unique lecturer can see this by grading the paper .
its allowed to use a calculator
for example circuit course which i passed
we used a basic calculator for cramer rule
did calculation with complex numbers
convert to phase (rectangular to polar) example (3+i4) -> (5<37)
lecturer advise us to do that

so my question is what was your expierience?
or is someone using this now for which purposes in EE enginering?

Well my experience, let's see...here is a sum up to keep a long story short. I don't use it intensively anymore, in fact I pulled out my old TI-83 and started to use it more. Dont get me wrong, the 89 is an awesome calculator, but having it do all the work - integration, differentiation, matrices, etc; just wasnt working out.

I can't get mine to solve multiple equations involving complex numbers, so I'm stuck doing it by hand. I can get it if there's no complex numbers involved.

My motto is: they're helpful but don't depend on them. because there will come a day when you need to solve something and you won't have it

What is the Ti-89 titanium used for?

The Ti-89 titanium is a graphing calculator that is commonly used by students and professionals in math and science fields. It can perform a wide range of calculations, graphing functions, and statistical analyses.

What are some features of the Ti-89 titanium?

The Ti-89 titanium has a large display screen, a QWERTY keyboard, and can perform various algebraic computations, calculus functions, and matrix operations. It also has built-in apps for finance, geometry, and physics.

Can I use the Ti-89 titanium for standardized tests?

No, the Ti-89 titanium is not allowed on most standardized tests, such as the SAT or ACT. It is important to check with the testing organization to see which calculators are allowed.

Can I connect the Ti-89 titanium to my computer?

Yes, the Ti-89 titanium has a USB port that allows you to connect it to a computer. This can be useful for transferring data, updating software, and installing new apps.

Is the Ti-89 titanium user-friendly?

The Ti-89 titanium may take some time to learn how to use, but once you become familiar with its functions and shortcuts, it can be a very powerful and user-friendly tool for solving complex equations and graphing functions.