Mom's New Camera Captures the Night Sky!

In summary, the conversation was about a mother getting a new camera and testing it out by taking photos of the moon. The speaker also used their own camera to take a photo of Vega and was pleased with the results despite light pollution and obstructions. There was also appreciation for the editing done on the photos.
Yadama
Well today my mother got a pretty nice camera, she's been wanting one for a while and what better way to test it then getting some shots of the moon!

This is the best photo she could get, the rest were very shaky and we're probably going to invest in a tripod.

I also went out with my cheapy telestar and lined up a nice view of Vega. I consider this to be a pretty successful night considering the light pollution and trees obstructing my view in all directions.

Cheers :D

Attachments

• 1414976780779.jpg
    1414976780779.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 471
Last edited:
Astronomy news on Phys.org
Nice!

Drakkith said:
Nice!

Thanks! I did some editing and IMO it looks a lot better.

Attachments

• 1414978094230.jpg
    1414978094230.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 493
well done ... keep up the good work :)Dave

Thanks, will do!

Yes, the increased contrast definitely brings out more details.

1. How does the new camera capture the night sky?

The new camera uses advanced technology and features such as long exposure, high ISO settings, and wide aperture to capture the faint light of stars and galaxies in the night sky.

2. What makes this camera different from other cameras for astrophotography?

This camera is specifically designed for capturing the night sky, with features and settings tailored for astrophotography. It also has a larger sensor and higher resolution than most cameras, allowing for more detailed and high-quality images.

3. Can the camera capture deep space objects like nebulae and galaxies?

Yes, the camera is capable of capturing deep space objects such as nebulae and galaxies. With the right settings and techniques, these objects can be captured in stunning detail.

4. Is the camera easy to use for beginners?

While this camera may have more advanced features, it also has automatic modes and settings that make it user-friendly for beginners. With some practice and experimentation, anyone can learn to capture beautiful images of the night sky.

5. Can the camera be used for other types of photography?

Yes, the camera can also be used for other types of photography such as landscape, portrait, and wildlife photography. Its high-quality features make it a versatile tool for various types of photography.